Samsung started this year with the launch of the Samsung Galaxy M20 and M10 and so far, they have managed to grab a huge share in the pocket-friendly smartphone market. While these two smartphones run on the Android 8.0 operating system with some good hardware specification, still you might issue bothering you. In this tutorial, we’ll help you fix some most common problems and issues that could happen to Samsung Galaxy M20.
We’ll help you troubleshoot problems through different solutions. You can consider this guide as a troubleshooting manual for this smartphone. If you don’t find an appropriate solution to the problems that you’re facing on your phone, ensure to leave a comment. While describing the issue, make sure that provide sufficient information about the problem. That would help us provide more accurate solutions. While troubleshooting, you might need to wipe your phone’s memory.
That action will delete everything that is being stored on your phone. Therefore, a general backup is highly recommended before proceeding to these solutions. In order to troubleshoot common problems on the Samsung Galaxy M20, we would use the inbuilt features and tools. Unless we need to flash the stock firmware, we wouldn’t require any third-party tool or utility.
During this guide, we’ll use the recovery mode and some inbuilt features to perform troubleshooting actions. Basically, recovery mode runs independently and it is like more maintenance mode. To access this mode, there’s is a certain pattern in which users need to press the hardware keys. Or there are more methods to get into this mode.
Troubleshoot common problems on Samsung Galaxy M20
1. What to do when WiFi won’t connect on Samsung Galaxy M20
No matter whether you have an iPhone or Samsung’s flagship smartphone, this problem can happen. You might be trying to connect your phone to a particular WiFi source, but that couldn’t happen so. There can be different reasons for this problem. Thus, you would need to apply different solutions to fix this problem.
Since WiFi offers extensive Internet speed and data transfer facilities, we can’t ignore this problem. Try the following solutions to fix this WiFi won’t connect issue on your Galaxy M20:
- If you were previously able to connect to this WiFi source successfully, you better reboot your phone first. Just a reboot fixes many problems including networks, performance, and stability.
- You must confirm whether other devices are able to connect with that WiFi source or not. The problem may be associated with the WiFi router. If other devices are connecting to that WiFi router, just follow the recommendations.
- If that’s your home WiFi or one that you can access, you can try to perform reboot that router. After that router turns ON, connect your phone.
- If that doesn’t work, probably, the problem is somewhat on your phone. There’s nothing to worry, just open the Settings -> WiFi & Internet-> WiFi->Saved Network and tap on the Network that you’re connecting. Then, tap on ‘Forget’ button. Form a completely new connection.
One of these should have fixed the WiFi-related problem on your phone. If you still find these solutions aren’t helpful, do let us know. We would try our best to help you further.
2. Mobile Bluetooth doesn’t pair with other devices
Almost similar to the WiFi problem, this usually happens when a user tries to pair Bluetooth headset or similar devices. For me, it happens when I try to connect to my speakers and headphones. To solve that, I usually reboot my phone and these Bluetooth devices and that work for me. Here are some recommendations that should help you fix this problem on your phone:
- A reboot worth your try. Most of the time, just rebooting fixes these problems. Try to restart both devices, your phone, and that Bluetooth device. Most probably, this should fix the problem.
- Next, you could try to forget the connection if you’ve previously paired that device successfully. Just open Bluetooth settings and tap on saved networks. Now, tap on that Bluetooth device and tap on ‘Forget’. Now, again pair that device.
- If you’re connecting the device for the first time, there are chances that your phone might have reached its limit to form connections. Again, open the Bluetooth settings and tap on save networks. Now, remove some connections. After that, try to pair that Bluetooth device.
- Additionally, ensure that your phone is discoverable. Otherwise, no matter how many time we try. Open the Bluetooth settings and ensure that it is set to visible.
These are enough solutions to fix Bluetooth device won’t pair issue on Samsung Galaxy M20. If none of them work, you can try to reset Network settings your phone as well. That helps to fix network and connectivity related problems on the Android phone.
3. Overheating problems, you can’t ignore these issues on Galaxy M20
These days, it is quite common to observer overheating problems. That usually happens due to that technology that is being used. Our current smartphones are tweaked to charge at
If you observe that your phone is heating up while it charges, there’s nothing to worry a lot. That’s normal to happen and we recommend you not to use your phone while it charges. Here are some other recommendations that you should probably fix the overheating problem on your phone:
- You should not use your phone when it is plugged for charging. That’s normal to observe a temperature rise during the charging. There chances that this phone might have been optimized for faster charging and thus it becomes heated.
- If you observe that your phone becomes heated while playing games, then you shouldn’t worry that much. While playing games or using heavy apps, CPU and GPU units are continuously used and that heats up the device.
- If your phone becomes heated abnormally, there are chances that some apps running in the background and using power resources without a limit. Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Usage > More > Optimise battery usage, and tap ‘All Apps’. That will restrict the apps from using the battery unknowingly.
- Next, you can clear clutter data from your phone. Over time, our phone tends to gather a lot of clutter and garbage data that affect many aspects negatively. To clean your phone, open the Settings menu and tap on Storage. Under this menu, you’ll find ‘Clean Storage’. Tap on this button to perform this action.
- Moreover, you can wipe the entire cache partition on your phone using the recovery mode. That will thoroughly clean your phone. Just follow this tutorial for that purpose.
- If nothing seemed to work on your phone, you must perform a factory reset on your phone. This action will remove all third-party apps, configuration, and files. That leaves stock performance and stability.
In addition to that, there’s one more thing that you could do. There are chances that one or more recent apps that you’ve installed causing your phone to overheat. You can use the Developer Options->Running Services to observe abnormal behavior of those apps. And once your figure those apps, either you can disable them or uninstall.
That doesn’t only fix the overheating problems, it also improves the overall battery life. You can learn how to enable Developer Options on this phone and how to use it here.
4. Fix App crashes on Galaxy M20
Right after my phone got updated to Android Pie firmware, I realized that many apps have become unstable. That happened due to old cache files. So, right after that, I wiped the entire cache partition and that worked for me. Here are some useful recommendations that should help you fix app crashes on your Samsung Galaxy M20 smartphone.
- If you figure that a certain app is behaving abnormally, then you should clear its associated cache files. Before that, you should know this will remove data such as login details, user details, and app/game progress. Once performed, there’s no way to revert that action. Follow the below steps:
- Open Settings.
- Tap on Apps -> Apps list.
- Tap on the Application.
- Then, tap on Storage
- And tap on CLEAR CACHE and CLEAR DATA.
- Next, you must ensure that you have the latest version of that app or game installed on your phone. Just uninstall the application and install the updated version from the Google Play.
- If you’ve been facing this problem on multiple apps after an update, we recommend you to wipe its cache files. For that purpose, follow the below steps:
- Boot into the recovery mode on your phone.
- Under this mode, tap on ‘Wipe cache partition’.
- Exit this mode.
- If the problem happens even after this and it is limited a certain app, you better contact the app developer team. They would be able to help you further in this regards.
5. Fix Samsung Galaxy Stuck at boot logo after update
So, you’ve recently updated your phone with the available OTA and ended up stuck at the boot logo. If that has happened with you, then you’re not alone. Over many internet forums, users report this problem getting boot stuck or boot loops or different problems after an update.
We can understand how things become frustrating when something like this happens. There’s nothing to worry, you these problems can be fixed easily using the below solutions:
- Most of the time this issue happens due to corrupt files and cache data. During an update process, usually cache files become clutter and that might prevent the phone from working normally. Therefore, it becomes important for us to clear these junk files. Use the following steps:
- Boot your phone into the recovery mode.
- Now, select and perform ‘Wipe Cache Partition’.
- Exit this mode.
- The next thing you can perform is factory reset. This is the most recommended action that one can perform to troubleshoot boot stuck and boot loops problems. However, there’s one thing that you should know. This action will wipe your phone’s internal memory completely. Anything that is stored within the phone is deleted during this action. Follow the below steps to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy M20 smartphone:
- Again, reboot into the recovery mode using this guide.
- Under this mode, tap on ‘Wipe data/factory reset’
- Perform this action.
- Exit this mode once this action is completed.
- The above two solutions should resolve the boot stuck and boot loops problems on your phone. In worst cases, if somehow the firmware has been bricked, then you must re-install the firmware to fix problems. For that purpose, we’ve already created a dedicated guide that you can use to restore the original firmware on your phone.
These are the available solutions that one can use to troubleshoot boot stuck and boot loops problems on most of the Android phones. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comment section about these solutions. If there’s any other solution that we can implement, then let us know. We would use your inputs to improve this tutorial.
6. Fix Slow performance and unstable Android interface
This is the most common problem that Android users suffer. Over time, our smartphone tends to become slower and there can be different reasons for that. Most of the time, through basic cleaning actions, these problems are resolved. Such problems happen due to cache and clutter files that have been gathered throughout time.
Basically, the cache files are induced by the applications installed on the phone. Over time, these cache files become so huge that it impacts the overall performance and stability. Apart from that, there might be some apps or programs that affecting performance on this phone.
Here are some quick recommendations to overcome performance and stability problems on Samsung Galaxy M20 smartphone:
- If you’ve been using your phone for a long time, then probably there have been a lot of clutter data that been gathered on your phone. And probably, that would be hurting the phone’s performance. So, it be would be better to remove that. Open the Setting -> Storage and then tap on Clear Now. This will remove clutter and cache data on your phone.
- If you want to deep clean your phone, you can wipe the entire cache partition on your phone. That will remove each and every single cache file present on your phone. For that, just boot into the recovery mode and perform ‘Wipe cache partition’ action on your phone.
- There’s one more thing that you could to do restore original performance and stability on your phone. Using the recovery mode, you can perform a factory reset on your phone. Make sure to create a general backup of your phone. Otherwise, once deleted, you won’t be able to recover them. Just boot into the recovery mode and perform ‘Wipe data/factory reset’.
- The above recommendations would help you restore the original performance. To make your phone faster, the following recommendations are helpful:
- Disable Unused apps. There would many apps that you must have not used so far and not intended to use in the future. So, remove these unwanted apps from your phone. This will boost overall performance on your phone.
- Switch to third-party launcher application. Although, Samsung has implanted many changes to their UI, still compare to third-party launcher apps, it is a little bit slow. We recommend you to use Nova Launcher or you can find alternatives.
- Customize the animations on your phone. Through Developer Options, we can easily customize animations and speed up this smartphone. For that purpose, must check our tutorial that explains to the Developer Options and how to use
itto reduce animations.
- There’s a lot more that one can do using the Developer Options. You can reduce the DPI value to add some smoothness to your phone.
There are plenty of more tips and tricks to speed up this smartphone. If you want to learn more of them, we recommend you to visit our tutorial; how to speed up Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
7. Poor battery life on Samsung Galaxy M20
There’s no doubt that battery life is among the most important part of your smartphone. The longer it remains, it is better for users. If you’ve been experiencing poor battery life or quick battery drain problem on your phone, then there are chances that it might have been caused by the applications or recent updates. Here are some useful recommendations that you can apply on your phone:
- If you’ve recently updated your phone, then that might have been causing this problem on your phone. To reduce this problem, we recommend you to clear cache files on your phone. Just use the recovery mode to wipe its cache partition. That should enhance performance and battery life.
- Next, you can consider a factory reset. For those who’ve recently updated and facing this problem thereafter, must perform this action. This will calibrate all the aspects present on your phone. That should fix the quick battery drain problem on your phone.
- Further, you should optime your phone for better battery life. Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Usage > More > Optimise battery usage, and tap ‘All Apps’. That will restrict the apps from using the battery carelessly.
- Next, I would recommend you to use the Developer Options to observe the background apps. There might be some apps that consuming battery life unknowingly and abnormally. Use the Developer Options, you would find the ‘Running Services’ tab, where you can find battery usage and other useful aspects. Thereby, you can disable or remove apps that consume a lot of battery life.
- Most importantly, you should disable unused (bloatware) apps on your phone. That will help you get better performance, stability and better battery life on your phone.
- For better battery life, I would recommend you to use lite versions of social apps like Facebook, and others. That would help you get more out of the battery life.
There are more troubleshooting solutions that you can do. Here are some more recommendations that one can follow to troubleshoot poor battery life on Samsung smartphones.
8. Unexpectedly shut down and reboot problems
Such problems are somewhat rare to observe. Either it happens after we update our phone or if a user has been using the smartphone for quite a long time. Whatever be the case, we have solutions to fix such problems. Here are some recommendations to troubleshoot unexpectedly shut down and reboot problems on Samsung Galaxy M20 smartphone.
- If you’ve changed some settings recently on your phone, then perhaps your phone might be unable to catch up with that. Therefore, you should try resetting your phone’s settings. Go to Settings->Reset-> Reset Settings -> Perform this reset. That will turn all settings to the default configuration. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any of your data.
- There can be an app or apps that resisting your phone to run normally. Therefore, you should observe apps on your phone and if you suspect them, you better disable or remove them. Most probably the recent ones.
- Further, if you’ve recently updated your phone, then you must keep clutter and junk files out of your phone. To do that, just open the Storage settings on your phone and tap on Clear Now. This action will wipe junk and expired files out of your phone.
- We also recommend you to perform a factory reset on your phone. That will thoroughly clean your phone leaving no space for a bug or issue to persists on your phone. Just use recovery mode or open Backup and reset menu on your phone to perform a factory reset on your phone.
Though these solutions are plenty enough, if you still don’t find helpful, you can try re-installing the entire firmware on your phone.
9. Low Speaker Volume on Galaxy M20
When it comes to low speaker volume, most probably there could two things; either phone’s speaker doesn’t output enough sound or the media file isn’t good enough. Further, there can be a problem linked to the hardware part as well. We have some useful troubleshooting solutions to cure such problems on Android phones. Here the fixes that you can apply on your phone:
- First of all, thoroughly observe the phone’s speaker. There might some dust over that resisting the full volume. You must clear those holes, there might be small particles stock over them. You can use a pin to remove them. Be careful while doing this. Or else you might end up damaging your phone physically.
- Sometimes, such problems happen right after n update. Therefore, we recommend you to perform some cleaning actions like wiping its cache data and performing a factory reset. That should help you get the original speaker volume on your phone.
- Further, if the problem is linked to the media file that you’re playing, you can use third-party apps like Speaker Boost. This app will increase the output volume, so you can listen to your music files easily.
10. Network issues on calls on Samsung Galaxy M20
Most of the time, the network issues happen based on geographical location and network strengths. If you’re residing in an area where network problems are more often, then there’s nothing you could on your phone. That’s what something your SIM operator service or higher authorities could do.
Otherwise, the following recommendation should work in resolving
- Firstly, you should try to remove the SIM card tray, clean it thoroughly and re-insert your phone. That should fix problems caused by the
dispositionof the SIM card. That should bring some improvements tothe network signals.
- Further, we would recommend you to reset the network settings on your phone. That will remove old settings and connections causing network issues on your phone. For that purpose, you can follow this guide.
- If that has happened after an update process, you better perform a hard reset on your phone. That should fix all the problems on your phone.
- If nothing works, better reach out to the SIM Card operator.
That ends our troubleshooting guide that meant for Samsung Galaxy M20 smartphone. These should help users to fix most of the problems that could happen on this phone. If these solutions were not helpful enough to fix problems that you’re facing, then use the comment section below to let us know. We would love to help you further. While writing us to us, make sure that you write your problem thoroughly, so we can figure out appropriate solutions.