Samsung has devoted this year to bring the new version of existing smartphones. The Samsung Galaxy A7 was primarily released in the year 2015 and received multiple software and hardware updates so far. Recently, Samsung has revamped this smartphone completely and brought the new Galaxy A7 2018 model. This comprises many major changes, including an infinite display screen and it is the first one to feature triple cameras. During this tutorial, we’ll discuss some most common problems that Samsung Galaxy A7 users face and how to fix these problems and bugs.
You must know these different solutions. Sooner or later, you might face any of these issues. Thus, this tutorial should come helpful to you fix minor and major problems on this smartphone. Even though the Android OS has evolved so much, it is common to observe the performance and stability related issues. Regardless of the configuration, the phone might suffer from different unexpected errors like app crashes, freezes, unexpected restart, shut down, the screen might get stuck or freeze, connectivity issues and so on. Therefore, this guide should help you fix most of the problems that occur on the Samsung Galaxy A7 smartphone. This guide is applicable to all variants of this smartphone, however, the methods might be different for 2017 and older models.
The Android OS is pretty loaded with multiple troubleshooting tools. So, you don’t need to use any kind of third-party tools or apps to fix the most common Android problems. Neither it takes so much time. You just need to read the instructions carefully and implement exactly as they are mentioned. Most of the problems are fixed by just rebooting the smartphone. Or, you just need to rule other probable solutions to remedy issues and problems. Now, we should start with troubleshooting tips and tricks to fix common issues on a Samsung Galaxy A7 smartphone.
Troubleshoot some common problems on Samsung Galaxy A7
1. What to do when WiFi won’t connect on Samsung Galaxy A7
It is quite normal to such a problem. The days we rely on our smartphone to utilize our Internet needs and transfer files. The WiFi channels off an impressive speed of data transfer, that let users connect with the faster internet connection and browse internet easily. If you find that you’re not able to connect to a particular WiFi connection, we do understand how it is frustrating to face such problems, you should try to apply the following fixes:
- At the very first interaction, if you find that your Galaxy A7 couldn’t connect to WiFi because of uncertain reasons, you should restart your phone and try again. It will refresh your phone and give you a new start to make the connection between your phone and WiFi network.
- If that doesn’t connect again, try to reach out to the WiFi modem and restart it. Let it turn off and on. Then, again connect your phone. Probably, this should work.
- If you find that particular WiFi Modem connects to other and doesn’t respond to your phone, then perhaps, the problem exists on your phone. There’s nothing to worry, seems some clutter is resisting your phone to connect with that WiFi, just follow the below steps:
- Open the ‘Settings’ menu on your phone.
- Tap on Reset tap on General management section.
- Then, tap on Reset Network Settings.
- and perform a reset. This will reset all the network configuration.
- Now you should be able to connect to that WiFi network without any other problem. If you still find that the problem is not sorted, there are chances that WiFi modem is restricted to connect to a few numbers of devices. You better reset that WiFi model or delete some connections.
If you still struggle to connect your phone that WiFi modem, do let us know through the comment section. We would try to reach out with a proper solution.
2. Mobile Bluetooth doesn’t pair with other devices
This is somewhat similar to WiFi problems. Sometimes it happens that we try to connect our Bluetooth headsets to our phone, but that doesn’t happen any how. It can happen with other Bluetooth devices tool. Here are some recommendations that you could probably try to fix this problem.
- If you’re connecting it for the very first time, and it couldn’t connect, try to remove some existing connections. Somewhat our phones are limited to make some numbers of connection. Thus, you better open the ‘Bluetooth’ settings, tap on existing connections and remove some of them.
- Secondly, you should restart both the devices. This is what I usually do when I couldn’t connect my Bluetooth headsets with my mobile. After rebooting both the device, connect them again.
- Most importantly, make sure that your device is discoverable. Otherwise, it won’t connect to any other device (for the first time) how many times you attempt. Open the Bluetooth Settings and make your phone discoverable.
This should fix all the Bluetooth related problems on your Samsung Galaxy A7. You could try to reset the Network settings on your to fix the existing Bluetooth and other connectivity problems.
3. Overheating problems, you can’t ignore these issues on Galaxy A7
While using the smartphone, users should thoroughly observe their phones. You must be certain of overheating problems on your phone. Recently, a buzzing news was published that Samsung Galaxy S7 caught fire due to an overheating problem. Thus, you shouldn’t ignore this problem.
There could be different things that cause your phone to become overheated. The better idea is to observe your phone thoroughly and find the exact time when it becomes overheated. Here are some recommendations that you should follow if your Galaxy A7 suffer from heating issues:
- You shouldn’t use your phone while it is charging. Since current smartphones are configured to charge at a faster rate, they usually heat up at the charging time. That’s very normal and there’s nothing wrong with your phone. Just stop using your phone while it charges.
- If your phone becomes heated without using then probably, some background apps doing that. Therefore, you should set your phone to optimize battery resource for background apps. Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Usage > More > Optimise battery usage, and tap ‘All Apps’. That will restrict the apps from using the battery unknowingly.
- If that doesn’t solve your problem, then it could be associated with the installed applications and cache files created by them. Thus, you better clear cached data on your phone. Just open the Settings menu and head towards the Storage section. Under this menu, you’ll see the button ‘Clean Storage’, this will remove all junk, corrupt and cache files from your phone.
- Lastly, if you don’t find any solution, you should consider performing a hard reset on your phone. Just enter into the Recovery on Galaxy A7 and perform ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ on your phone. That will reset your phone to its default state.
Remember, performing a hard reset (factory reset) will wipe your phone completely. All the stuff stored on your phone will be deleted. Therefore, you should create a backup, just follow our guide; how to backup Samsung Galaxy A7 smartphone.
4. Fix App crashes on Galaxy A7
It happens frequently. Users around the world report this problem. There could be one or more application that gets crashed each time you open it. It is very easy to fix such problems. Generally, it happens due to corrupt cache and junk files. So, just clearing the cache files related to that particular application shall fix this app crash problem on the Samsung Galaxy A7. Here are the most preferred recommendations:
- First, you should clear the associated cache files to the application/s that keeps on crashing each time you open it. Just open the Settings->Apps->Apps list, now tap on that application and then tap on ‘Storage’ option. Then tap on ‘CLEAR CACHE’ and re-launch the application.
- If that doesn’t work, you can reset the application. That will remove all the cache and data files linked to the application. Again, open the App’s page, tap on Storage and then tap on ‘CLEAR DATA’. That’s it, now the application should run properly and there shouldn’t be any persistent issues.
- Moreover, if you find that such issues are going around your whole phone, you must consider to Wipe the cache or reset your phone as mentioned in the above method.
5. Fix Samsung Galaxy Stuck at boot logo after update
After users update their smartphone using the OTA and firmware updates, sometimes things don’t go easy. It is frequent to users to report multiple issues after an update. Most common are slow performance, boot loops and boot stuck. So, if you’re facing such problems then don’t worry, you’re not the only facing such problems.
The following troubleshooting solutions should fix these multiple issues that occur after an update on the Samsung Galaxy A7:
- Since your phone has stuck at the boot logo/boot screen, you cannot boot into the Android UI. Therefore, we will use other modes to fix this problem. First, boot into the recovery mode on your phone. Under the recovery mode, tap on ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ and perform this action. This will wipe all the cache files that might have corrupted during the update process.
- Secondly, you can factory reset your phone to remove all custom settings, apps and files preventing your phone to boot normally. Remember, this will wipe your phone completely and all saved data will be deleted. To perform this, boot into the Recovery Mode again. Under this mode, tap on ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ and perform this action. This will hard reset your phone.
- If you find that none of the above methods work, you better re-flash the native operating system on your phone. That will remove the affected operating system on your phone and replace it with the new one. Follow this guide: How to fix bricked Samsung Galaxy A7 with stock firmware.
That should fix the boot stuck and freezing problems on your phone. Moving forward, we have more problems to discuss that you could face while using this phone.
6. Fix Slow performance and unstable Android interface
This is the most common problem that every Android user faces over the time. No matter if you’re Galaxy Note 9 or even more powerful smartphone. Over the time things turn to get slowed down and bring different issues. Perhaps, low performance and instability are the worse. We understand frustrating it becomes when our phone responds slowly to our action. We would wait for our phone to respond and complete that tasks.
If you’re facing such low-performance problems on your Galaxy A7, the following tips and tricks you must implement:
- The most common reason related to the low-performance problems is cached data. Over the time the cache heaps become so huge that they impact the overall performance of the phone. Thus, the user should get rid of this excessive memory. Just open the Setting and turn up to the ‘Storage’ section, there you’ll see the ‘Clean Now’ button and tap on it. This inbuilt option will wipe the unnecessary files from your phone.
- There’s one more way to do this more precisely. You can clear the entire cache partition. Just get into the Recovery mode on your and perform ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ action. That will reset the cache partition. It will some good amount of storage space on your phone.
- If you’ve been using your phone for a long time, then you must consider performing a factory reset on your phone. That will deep clean your phone and remove all clutter and inappropriate things from your phone.
- In order to add further elevation to the performance, we recommend you to disable unwanted/unnecessary apps. In our recent post, we find that disabling bloatware (unwanted apps) on Galaxy Note 9 would free about 1.5 GB of RAM. That will surely boost the overall performance of the phone. You must disable or remove apps that remain unused whole time.
There are even more recommendations that you could try. Follow our this guide; how to speed up Samsung Galaxy phones.
7. Poor battery life on Samsung Galaxy A7
It is mainly associated with the applications installed on your phone and your usage. Most of the time it happens one or more applications keep running in the background and consume most the of battery life. Since such applications work in the background, there are greater chances that they use the Internet data. That consumes a lot of battery life. Moreover, you shouldn’t keep WiFi, Internet, GPS, Bluetooth, etc., turned ON all the time. These connectivity features consume a lot of battery power to work.
Therefore, in order to get the most out of the phone’s battery, you must change your usage habits. Turn off the Internet when not in use and disable other connectivity features when you’re not indulged with them. Further, the following tips and tricks are helpful in fixing poor battery life on an Android phone.
- Make sure that enabled the battery optimization feature on your phone. Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Usage > More > Optimise battery usage, and tap ‘All Apps’. That will restrict the apps from using the battery carelessly.
- Next, you should keep a track of applications that run in the background. Most of the time, they are the culprits that eat most of the battery power. To keep an eye on these apps, enable the Developer Options on your phone. Then, go to Settings >Developer Options > Background Services. Under this hood, you get more insights about apps/services running in the background. Either you can disable them or uninstall them.
- Disable bloatware/unwanted apps. Samsung smartphones are pretty loaded with tons of applications. And many of them remain unused, so it is better to disable them. That will stop them from running in the background, saves processing power and battery life too. Just open the Apps list, then tap on the app and disable it.
- Make sure to turn OFF connectivity features like Location, Bluetooth, Wifi, when not in use. Otherwise, they will consume most of the battery power.
- If possible, try to use the lite version of the Facebook application. Basically, this app requires a continuous connection to the Internet to fetch images and latest posts, thus it keeps running in the background, using the battery and internet.
8. Unexpectedly shut down and reboot problems
Are you facing problems regarding unusually reboots? We have found many users reported these problems after an update or using the phone for a long time. Basically, the Android OS malfunctions due to inappropriate configuration and aggregation of junk/corrupt files. If that something happens to your Samsung Galaxy A7 phone, you must remove these files.
Your phone might get turned off without prior notification or error. Or in the worst case, such unexpected shutdowns can corrupt the storage on your phone. So, before something like that happens, you better follow the below recommendations to fix these problems on your phone:
- The first thing you could do is to revert the Settings to default on your phone. You might have changed some settings that your phone is unable to adopt. Thus, it gets turned off occasionally. Go to Settings->Reset-> Reset Settings -> Perform this reset. That will turn all settings to the default configuration. You won’t lose any of your data.
- There are possibilities that you’ve indulged with a toxic application/s, that is resisting your phone to run normally. Thus, try to uninstall the applications that you’ve installed recently. Then, observe your phone for a while.
- If that doesn’t work, you should Wipe the cache partition on your phone. Will remove all the cached data. Just enter into the Recovery Mode and perform ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ or Go to Settings > Storage > tap on Clear Now button.
- At last, you can hard reset your phone. That will reduce the possibilities for problems and issues to persist on your phone. Just get your phone into the Recovery mode and perform ‘Wipe data/factory reset’. That should be enough to make your normal.
If you don’t find any of the above methods work, you can try to re-flash the stock firmware on your phone. We have already mentioned the resource for that in the above methods.
9. Low Speaker Volume on Galaxy A7
Until the problem is linked to hardware, we can improve the extent of the speaker volume of certain media files. We usually find some media files/apps/games that output low volume. In such cases, we couldn’t listen to them correctly and enjoy them. Or sometimes our device gets into some problems that cause it to output lower speaker volume. So, for that purpose, follow the below recommendations:
- If you find that your phone outcomes lower volume on all media files, you should check the speaker holes carefully. Many times it happens that small particles stuck within those holes and resist sound to flow out properly. Use a pin to remove them, make sure to do this carefully, or else you could hurt phone’s speaker physically.
- Sometimes such problems arise after an update. If that’s your case, you should try to ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ or perform a factory reset on your phone. That will remove these bugs causing your phone to outcome low speaker volume.
- If the problem is related to certain media files, apps, and games, you can try the third-party application called ‘Speaker Boost’ to improve the overall speaker volume on your phone. Make sure to use this application carefully, and read the given instructions.
10. Network issues on calls on Samsung Galaxy A7
If you frequently observe low network signal and call issues on your phone, then you must try the below troubleshooting solution. Mostly it happens due to geographical location and environment. Like, you might be facing such issues at your home or office or a certain location. If that’s the case, you better contact your operator and ask for further help.
Otherwise, the following recommendation should work in resolving most the networking related problems on your Samsung Galaxy A7 smartphone. Just follow the below ones:
- Firstly, you should try to remove the SIM card tray, clean it thoroughly and re-insert your phone. That should fix problems caused by the mis-position of the SIM card. That should bring some improvements in the network signals.
- Now, you should go further and reset the Network settings on your phone. Open the ‘Settings’ then tap on Reset and perform Reset Network Settings option. That will reset the whole network settings on your phone.
- If that has happened after an update process, you better perform a hard reset on your phone. That should fix all the problems on your phone.
- If nothing works, better reach out to the SIM Card operator.
These are the common problems that occur on Android smartphones. These solutions should help you fix most of the problems on the Samsung Galaxy A7. If you still stuck with any other problem, feel free to write to us. We are open for your comments and further queries, if you have any problem or issue, don’t forget to drop your comments below. We would get back to you with a resolution as early as possible with a proper resolution.