This smartphone is recently launched by this Korean company, Samsung. Compared to J series, this smartphone packs better hardware specifications. That surely takes this smartphone out of the pocket-friendly to mid-range segment. Whether you’re using an Android phone for the first time, or already have some experience, just like many users, you might face common problems. In this guide, we’ll help you fix and troubleshoot some common problems that could happen on Samsung Galaxy A6s smartphone.
Through this troubleshooting guide, we cover most of the problems that the major part of Android users suffers greatly. Whether it just that an application isn’t working or a complete blackout has happened, you should be able to recover your phone through troubleshooting solutions that we mention in this guide. We have detailed multiple solutions to normal or worse issues. Though you can rely on this guide to make your work normal again, however, there are some things that you must know.
Since we are about to troubleshoot problems regarding Android firmware and phone, there are chances that you might need format your phone as well. If that happens, you would lose everything that is stored within this smartphone. Therefore, we recommend you to backup everything that is important to you. For that purpose, you could follow our guide; how to backup Samsung smartphone or simply download a third-party application to proceed with this task. This will ensure safety to the existing files on your phone. Even if anything happens to them, you can still restore them using this backup.
To fix most of the bugs on Samsung Galaxy A6s, you don’t need any kind of tool or software. The Android OS is blessed with many options for that purpose. The only tool that you required is Odin, designed to work specifically for Samsung smartphones, it allows users to flash official stock firmware easily. Apart from that, you don’t need any other tool. It is said that this tool has been developed by Samsung, however, this line doesn’t appear on their official site. Further, the whole troubleshooting resolves around some basic (or advanced) actions like cache, factory reset, system settings, Network settings and a few more.
Therefore, by end of this troubleshooting guide, it is more likely to happen that you’ll know more about your phone. If you read these solutions and couldn’t find the answer to your problem or question, then do let us know through the comment section available at the bottom of this post. While writing to us, make sure that you provide sufficient information about bugs or problems you’re facing. That will help us find relevant solutions to your problems. Now, without ado, we should start our troubleshooting guide to fix some common problems on Samsung Galaxy A6 smartphone.
1. WiFi doesn’t connect on Samsung Galaxy A6s
It happens to me very frequently. Sometimes it happens that we try to connect to know or unknown WiFi network and our phone refuse to connect for some reasons. Even though the reasons are not clear, still, we have some tips and tricks to overcome this problem.
When next time you face such problem that your phone doesn’t connect to certain WiFi source, just try to apply the following recommendations:
- Reboot your phone before you connect to the WiFi network. Sometimes temporary run-bugs develop and cause such problems. After rebooting the device, try connecting again.
- If you have access to the WiFi modem, reboot it as well. It might be running for a long time. Therefore, refreshing it would give relief to it.
- Open the WiFi settings on your phone and tap on ‘Forget’ that WiFi network. And reconnect it. This should work and let you connect your phone to that WiFi Network.
- Ensure that that’s no limitation on that WiFi network. It might possible that network your connecting is already being used by a maximum number of connections (and you’re n+1).
- Another thing that you could try is to delete a few other saved WiFi connection. That will make some space for new and this existing connection.
- If that doesn’t work, you might need to reset the network settings. Over time, these settings might get corrupted and caused this problem on your phone. Just follow this guide; Reset Network Settings on Samsung Galaxy A6s
If your device still doesn’t connect to the WiFi network, most probably, the problem is linked to the WiFi network. Try to contact the owner or customer service of that network. Before you contact the customer service, try to connect other devices too.
That will clear things whether it’s your device that’s not working or that Wif Network.
2. Bluetooth headsets (or any other device) won’t pair on Galaxy A6s troubleshooting steps
It is quite common among Android users. It usually happens when we try to connect your headphones or external speakers (most of the time) and we figure that connection is not made successfully.
And surely annoys us very much. There’s nothing to worry much as this issue can be sorted easily. One of the following solutions should work to make a situation better and make your Galaxy A6s connect with your Bluetooth device successfully.
- The first step you could is to turn OFF the Bluetooth feature on your phone completely. Just pull down the notification panel and turn on the Bluetooth. After a few seconds, turn it ON and try to pair it Bluetooth headsets again.
- Secondly, you can turn OFF of your headsets and turn it ON again. Thereafter, you could connect it to your device. This time, probably, it should work.
- Going ahead, open the Bluetooth Settings and locate your headsets. Now, tap on the Settings icon and then tap on ‘Forget’ button. Now, reform pair your headphones to the phone.
- If that still doesn’t work, open Bluethoot settings and remove some existing connections. There are chances that your phone has reached the limit to maximum Bluetooth connection.
- Additionally, you can try to force reboot your phone. This will give a completely new start your phone. Just press and hold the Power button till your phone is turned OFF. Now, turn ON your phone connect your headphones.
The above troubleshooting solutions should help you connect your Bluetooth headsets (or any other device) successfully to your phone. If you figure that none of these work, you can proceed to some advanced actions that include Wipe cache partition and format. Keep reading this tutorial, we’ve discussed both the things below.
3. Samsung Galaxy A6s display screen goes black and doesn’t boot up
Even this can happen when you open the box and turn ON your phone for the very first time. Over time, we have seen many users reporting this problem. Without any notification or error, suddenly the display screen goes black and nothing happens further.
Based on the research, possibly, there could be two reasons for this. Either there have been some serious problems regarding the hardware part or somehow the Android firmware has malfunctioned. Even if your phone responds or turns ON, you might not be able to see anything on the screen.
Till the time problem is linked to the Android firmware, we can cure it. And if the following suggestions won’t work, you better step out to the nearest service center.
- Try to put a charger and see what happens, If it indicates that it is charging, there are greater chances that problems are linked to Android firmware. And let it charges till the battery goes full. After that, press and hold the Power Button and see if that works.
- Next, you can try to wipe the cache data stored within the phone. Most of the times, such sudden death or blackout happens due to corrupt and junk files. Follow this tutorial to enter recovery mode on your phone and perform following steps to wipe cache partition:
- Turn OFF your phone.
- Boot into the recovery mode.
- Now, tap on Wipe Cache Partition.
- Exit the recovery mode.
- If that doesn’t work, the next thing that you could try is to perform a factory reset on your phone. Before you do that, remember, this will delete everything this stored within your phone. Use the following steps:
- Power OFF your phone.
- Now, get into the recovery mode.
- There, tap on ‘Wipe data/factory reset’
- Exit this mode.
- There’s one more thing that you should try. You could try to re-install its original firmware. If anything that has been affected within the firmware will be removed and replaced with the new files. For that purpose, follow this guide: how to flash stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy A6s smartphone.
The above solutions should help you revive the device back to its working condition. If nothing works, you must take this phone to the service center. You should seek some technical help.
4. Phone stuck to boot screen (boot loops) after an update
This situation is quite similar to what we have discussed above. In such cases, you would find your stuck at the boot screen or just keep rebooting from the booting screen. And it doesn’t boot further.
It generally happens after we update our phone with an official update or a custom firmware. Or sometimes you might end up to this after installing a third-party application or doing nothing.
Since this phone stuck to the boot screen and doesn’t boot further, it clearly means that somehow the firmware files have been affected and that is resisting this phone to boot further.
Here are the possible solutions that you could try:
- If you’ve recently installed some applications from third-party sites, one of them (or all) might some kind of malware and resisting your phone to work normally. To remove them, you can try the Safe Mode. Just follow the below steps:
- Turn OFF your phone using the Power Key.
- Then, press and hold the Power key.
- Once the Samsung Logo appears, release the Power Key and suddenly press and hold the Volume Down button.
- Keep this Volume Down button pressed until the booting process is completed.
- Now, your phone should reach to the ‘Safe Mode’.
- If this mode boots up successfully, that means some application are preventing your phone boot normally.
- Now, open the Settings -> Apps – Apps List and remove all the applications that you’ve installed recently
- Now, reboot your phone.
- If Safe Mode doesn’t help, you should move further to advanced actions. First, we recommend you to clear off the cache partition on your phone. Just boot into the recovery mode and tap on ‘Wipe Cache Partition’. This will remove clutter from your phone.
- Next, you can perform a factory reset on your phone using the recovery mode. This is the most recommended step that we find most useful for such cases. Just get into the recovery mode and perform this action on your phone. This should clear your phone thoroughly and make it work again.
Lastly, you can flash the original firmware on your phone. We have already mentioned the link above for that purpose. Just follow that guide to downgrade your Samsung Galaxy A6s to its native firmware.
5. Fix App crashes and freezes on Samsung Galaxy A6s
If you’ve been using your phone for a long time, then there are possibilities that you might be facing these problems. These bugs occur over time and it happens due some usual things. Apps are most likely to crash due to corrupt cache data and files.
Therefore, following recommendations should help you fix app crashes and freezes on Samsung Galaxy A6s:
- Clear the cache data associated with that application. Apps and games crash due to this data. Just follow the below steps to clear an app cache on your phone:
- Open Settings.
- Tap on Apps -> Apps list.
- Now, tap on the application/game that is crashing/freezing.
- Then, tap on ‘Storage’.
- Now, tap on ‘Clear Cache’ (and if that doesn’t work, you can also tap on ‘Clear Data’.
- Exit the menu.
- If that doesn’t work, just simply uninstall that application/game. After that, re-install the latest version of that application directly from the Google Play store.
- Additionally, if you figure that problem is linked to multiple applications then and somehow they impact the overall performance and working, you can clear off the junk files at once through Storage section and tap on clear button.
These are the easy steps to overcome app crashes and freezing problems on Android smartphones. In case you find that every application is getting closed each time you open them, you might want format your phone. Or simply try to wipe the cache partition on your phone.
6. Troubleshoot Low performance and stability bugs on Galaxy A6s
Over time our phone tends to become slower and it happen to even flagship smartphones too. If you’ve been using your phone for a long time, then is quit common to experience low performance and stability related bugs. Basically it happens due clutter and junk files (especially cache data) that have been gathered as time went on.
This junk data is most accumulated by the applications that we have on our phone. Mostly, the social media applications are tend to outcome massive amount of cache data that expires after a time and turns into junk files.
And eventually, this cache data develop different problems and bugs that directly or indirectly affect the performance and stability of the phone. Therefore, it is highly recommended that users should clear off this data once within a few months.
That will sustain performance and stability on the Android phone. Here are the best recommendations to optimize performance and make your Samsung Galaxy A6s faster:
- First of all, get rid of the cache files that have been gathered on your phone. Just boot into the recovery mode and tap on Wipe Cache Partition. This will clear junk out of your phone.
- Moreover, you can perform a factory reset as well. This will thoroughly clean your phone and would bump up the overall performance of the phone.
- Next, to make performance better, disable all the unnecessary application from your phone. Samsung’s smartphones are quite known for bloatware (unwanted/unnecessary apps) apps. While working with Note 9, we found that disabling bloatware apps would free about 1.5 GB RAM. And to some extent it should happen to your Galaxy A6s as well. Just give a try, Open the Apps list and disable apps that you usually don’t use.
- Further, you can use Developer Options to customize animations and squeeze out more performance out of this phone. For that purpose, follow this guide: Best Developer Options tips and tricks for Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
- Replace the social media applications with their lite version or simply use browses to check these accounts. Whether you’re using Facebook or Reddit, these applications tend to consume both; processing power and battery life. Therefore, avoiding them would outcome better performance and battery life.
These are the simple ways to troubleshoot these bugs and problems. Just performing a factory reset will restore the original performance on this phone. And there’s much more you can do with the Developer Options.
7. Fix overheating and quick battery drain (poor battery performance) problems on Galaxy A6s
In current days, most of the smartphones are blessed with the quick charge technology. That helps them to charge in less time. However, it is usual to observe them become heated while charging. If that’s your problem, then you don’t need to worry. This is normal to observe and it happens. You just need to ensure that you don’t use phone while it charges.
Further, if you observe overheating issues, it may be directly linked to quick battery drain problem as well. Majorly, these two issues happen due applications that run in the background consuming processing and battery power continuously.
Also, it can happen due unusual behavior of an application (apps) and junk files that have been gathered on your phone. Through some troubleshooting, you should be able overcome overheating and quick battery drain issues on your Samsung Galaxy A6s smartphone.
- Firstly, we recommend you to remove all unwanted applications and services. In current days, most of the applications keep running in the background. That requires processing power, battery and Internet, of course. Thus, we recommend you to keep your phone lite as possible.
- Next, keep your eyes on the social media applications that you have on your phone. Facebook and similar applications run in the background and use most of battery life and Internet data. If possible, remove their applications and instead, use the Internet browser. That will improve the battery and somewhat your lifestyle (social media apps impact our usual thinking).
- Going ahead, there are crucial steps to find that culprit apps/services causing your phone to overheat and suck off its battery power. Just enable Developer Options on your phone and follow the below steps:
- Open Settings.
- Open Developer Options.
- Now, tap on Running Services.
- Observe application (the unnecessary/unwanted ones).
- Disable or uninstall those applications.
- If you still find that your phone is heating up abnormally, then you can try to clear its cache memory. After some time, the cache files turn into junk and expired ones. And eventually, they impact the performance and other aspects negatively. Therefore, we recommend you to wipe the cache partition using the recovery mode.
- Lastly, you can try formatting your phone. Just get into the recovery mode and perform a factory reset. This will ensure that all clutter is removed from your phone.
These are the solutions that you implement to tackle overheating and quick battery discharge problems on your phone. If you don’t them useful, do let us know about problems you’re getting in the comment section. We would do our best to help you further.
8. Troubleshoot Samsung Galaxy A6s that becomes unresponsive
Although Samsung Galaxy A6s smartphone has been blessed with powerful hardware that could handle multitasking easily, but sometimes thing gets overwhelming. My OnePlus 5 is backed with a massive 8 GB RAM, still some it becomes unresponsive.
And it really sad say, but it happens most of them when I use Google Chrome application. And in your case, there might different ( or the same, if you’re Internet addict like me) application.
No matter which application or applications suffer this problem. We got to know some troubleshooting solutions to fix these problems. Here are some that I usually apply:
- Since it happens on Google Chrome (for me), I figured that it happened after I’ve used this application for many days. The cache files and stored cookies somehow become clutter and cause opening delays and sometimes this app becomes unresponsive. So, the solution is quite simple. Just Open Settings -> Apps -> Apps list-> Tap on the application that makes your phone unresponsive-> tap on Storage-> tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache.
- Further, you must observe your phone thoroughly. There are chances that applications that you’ve installed recently might be causing these problems. So, try to disable or uninstall the recent applications to figure if problems persist or not.
- Uninstall/ update the application that is freezing your phone. If you don’t find new updates, then just uninstall the application and re-install it from Google Play store.
- If you’re using your phone for a long time, then there are chances that clutter and junk files are interfering these apps and make your phone becomes unresponsive. Thus, we recommend you to remove the cache data on your phone using the recovery. Just boot into the recovery mode and tap on Wipe cache partition.
These solutions are enough to troubleshoot unresponsiveness and freezing problems on Samsung Galaxy A6s smartphone. Such problems are usually linked to applications. Therefore, just refresh that application and it shouldn’t freeze your phone further.
9. Laggy or Sluggish User interface on your Galaxy A6s
Though Galaxy A6s comes with solid hardware specifications, still that is not enough to keep it running smoothly through the whole time. Sooner or later, based on your usage, you will find that your phone is becoming slower over time.
You would observe low performance and stability issues on your phone. The symptoms can be seen easily. The user interface would become slow, sluggish and laggy. If you’re facing these issues, you might want to get rid of them. Just apply the following troubleshooting solutions to cure them:
- As we have detailed above, slow performance is most likely to be caused by cache data and clutter that gather over time. Therefore, you should start by clearing off the cache data on your phone. Just enter into the recovery mode and perform ‘Wipe cache partition’. This will boost the overall performance and free up some good amount internal storage.
- And if the first recommendation doesn’t work, just hard reset your phone. Just get into the recovery mode and perform Wipe data/factory reset. This will factory reset your phone. All third-party apps and settings would be removed and everything turn to default.
These two solutions are sufficient enough to overcome sluggish and laggy performance on Samsung Galaxy A6s smartphone.
10. Mobile Signal ( Slow Internet Speed) becomes low on Samsung Galaxy A6s
Majorly, this issue happens due to location and weather. If you’re facing low network problem most of the time, then you must follow the troubleshooting solutions that we have mentioned. Certainly, I can understand how things become frustrating when the mobile network doesn’t properly and that directly impacts the Internet speed.
- Firstly, you should try to remove the SIM card tray, clean it thoroughly and re-insert your phone. That should fix problems caused by the mis-position of the SIM card. That should bring some improvements in the network signals.
- Now, you should go further and reset the Network settings on your phone. Open the ‘Settings’ then tap on Reset and perform Reset Network Settings option. That will reset the whole network settings on your phone.
- If that has happened after an update process, you better perform a hard reset on your phone. That should fix all the problems on your phone. We have already detailed steps many times in this post. Just look above for this information.
If none of the work and still you’re facing low network problems on your phone, either you can contact the service center to figure if there’s hardware fault or SIM operator service for further assistance.
Get in touch with us!
That ends our tutorial here that explains different troubleshooting solutions to fix most common problems on Samsung Galaxy A6s smartphone. If you don’t find any solution helpful or facing some specific problem, then you must contact us through the comment section below. Share the exact problem that you’re facing. Make sure that you provide as much as information so we can get started and provide correct solutions to your problems.