How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Note 9
Recently, the Samsung has brought us the new Galaxy Note 9 smartphone. The Android developers have started work to bring useful stuff for this smartphone. If you were looking to update your phone with custom recovery, then this tutorial is for you. In this tutorial, we’ll help you to install the TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 9 that extends of this mode. With a custom recovery, the user can flash custom firmware, mods, create back up and a few more advanced options are there. The recovery mode is essential to Android phones, they are helpful for maintenance purpose.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 users can quickly install the TeamWin’s TWRP recovery on their phone. That extends the functionalities of the recovery mode. It provides you with more options for customization purpose. If you’re likely to customize your phone extensively, then you might need this recovery. Whether you want to flash a custom firmware or achieve root access on your phone, the TWRP recovery becomes mandatory. The Galaxy Note 9 comes with a stock recovery image. It has essential options but limited to certain functions. Through the stock recovery mode, you can’t do much. Whereas, with custom recovery, apparently there are many more things you could do.
It is like giving an extension to the recovery mode. You get better privileges to install custom firmware, mods and a few more. There is one more thing that we can do through this recovery. We can back up the current firmware for the phone. Which is quite useful for those who keep trying new stuff on their phone. Overall, there are many benefits of having a custom recovery like TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Note 9. However, there are some disadvantages too. Since we are performing a custom operation, it voids the warranty. If you perform this action, it will certainly impact the warranty on your phone.
You better read all the terms and condition related to the warranty. Also, there are chances of getting the device bricked and loose data present on phone. Therefore, we highly recommend you to back up all the important stuff before you start. While we perform this action, we will perform a factory reset on your phone. So, everything stored within the internal memory will wipe out. That includes everything — apps, games, documents, files and all other things. Thus, you must back up your phone. We have a backup guide dedicated to Samsung users:
Creating backup is mandatory. We can’t reverse this process. You must aware yourself with this fact. Before we get into the real action, thoroughly read the prerequisites we mention below.
#This guide, and files we mention in this tutorial merely referenced for following variants of Samsun Galaxy Note 9, Exynos International Variants:
You must not use them or apply on any other model or phone. That could brick your phone or even worse can happen.
To check the model number, tap on Settings->About phone->Software Information->Model Number.
#In order to perform this operation, you need a Windows-based computer and USB cable of your phone. We will use the Odin tool to flash the recovery image on your phone. So, you need a PC at your disposal.
#You must install the USB Drivers on your phone. Without the USB Drivers, your computer won’t be able to detect your phone. You can download the Samsung USB Drivers from →here. Install them on your computer.
Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock
You must the USB Debugging and OEM unlock on your phone. Both are mandatory to install the TWRP recovery image on Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
To enable these two, first, you need to enable the Developer Options. Just follow the below guide to enable this option:
Now, follow the below steps to enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock on your phone:
- Open the Settings menu on your phone.
- Now, open the Developer Options.
- Then, look for USB Debugging and enable it.
- Similarly, look for OEM unlock and enable it.
- Exit the menu.
Now, you’re ready to go further install the TWRP recovery on your phone. In order to install it successfully, just follow the steps exactly as we mention below.
How to Install TWRP recovery on Galaxy Note 9
- The very first step is to download the TWRP recovery image from →here. Extract the content of this package to obtain the .md5 file. We require this file.
- Now, download the Odin Flashing tool from →here and extract the content of the package on your computer. Then, run the Odin program. It looks like this:
- Now, turn off your phone using the power menu.
- Then, boot into the download mode — press and hold Volume Download, Bixby, and Power buttons altogether. Release these buttons once the Samsung logo appears. You should enter into the download mode soon, or follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now, using a USB cable, connect your phone to computer.
- The Odin program will detect your phone automatically. If nothing happens, then re-install the USB Drivers and try again.
- Now, tap on ‘AP’ button and load the downloaded TWRP package.
- Don’t make any other changes.
- Tap on the ‘Start’ button to begin the process.
- On the completion of this process, take off your phone.
Now, your phone will reboot and probably, will be stuck at the logo. There is no need to worry, you just need to perform a factory reset to make it work.
Just follow the below steps:
- Turn off your phone using the power button.
- Now, get into the recovery mode – press and hold Volume Up, Bixby and Power buttons together until the Samsung logo appears. Then follow the on-screen instructions to get into the recovery mode.
- You’ll be at the TWRP recovery menu. Tap on ‘Wipe’ option, just perform it.
- Once you perform the Wipe option, just exit this mode.
That’s it. Now, your phone will turn on and will take you to the home screen soon. There you need to enter your account details and set up this phone. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP recovery image on your Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
You’re free to install custom firmware, mods and create NANDROID backups of your phone. That ends our tutorial here, we hope that our readers would find it helpful. Share your thoughts and feedback in the comment section below.https://techshali.com/install-twrp-recovery-galaxy-note-9/https://techshali.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/install-twrp-recovery-galaxy-note-9.jpghttps://techshali.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/install-twrp-recovery-galaxy-note-9-150x150.jpgMobilecustom recovery,Galaxy Note 9,Samsung,TWRP,twrp recoveryRecently, the Samsung has brought us the new Galaxy Note 9 smartphone. The Android developers have started work to bring useful stuff for this smartphone. If you were looking to update your phone with custom recovery, then this tutorial is for you. In this tutorial, we'll help you to...Deepak GuptaDeepak Guptadgdeepak000@gmail.comAdministratorDeepak Gupta is a tech geek who is a founder of TechShali, a popular tech-blog dedicated to help people all around the world.Techshali