How to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J6
The TWRP recovery has bounteous advantages over the stock recovery menu. If you ever turn up to customization and tweak your phone extensively, then first you’ll need a custom recovery like TWRP, in order to root and install custom firmware. For advanced users, it is something that elevates their user experience. In this tutorial, we’ll help you to install the TWRP recovery image on a Samsung Galaxy J6 smartphone. The procedure is so simple that even a newbie can perform. With TWRP recovery, you can actually do more with your smartphone.
Simple words, the TWRP recovery extends the functionalities of the recovery mode. Therefore, you get more useful features within the recovery mode. Whether you want to root or install custom firmware like LineageOS, you’ll need this custom recovery. This custom recovery allows users to flash third-party mods, firmware and do some critical tasks. Once you install the TWRP recovery mode on your Samsung Galaxy J6, you’ll be able to back up your phone including the operating system as well. By no means, it impacts the performance and functionality of your phone.
If you’re looking to install the TWRP recovery on your Galaxy J6, then this tutorial should help you. We have detailed the mandatory steps and resources. While we explain this tutorial to you, we also consider discussing the prerequisites and risks involved. You must know that replacing the stock recovery with the custom one voids the warranty of the phone. Therefore, we suggest you to all the terms and conditions regarding the warranty on your phone. If you proceed further, you’ll lose the warranty of your Samsung Galaxy J6 smartphone. And if you ever wish to get it back, you’ll need to put the stock firmware on your phone.
Although the procedure doesn’t wipe the memory, we still recommend creating a general backup of your phone. That backup includes photos, videos, messages, contacts and your documents. Thus, if something bad happens while installing the TWRP recovery on Galaxy J6, your data won’t be impacted. Even if it happens so, you’ll be safe since you’ve already created a backup. The procedure doesn’t take much time. To flash the TWRP recovery image on your phone, we’ll use the Odin flashing utility.
The Odin tool is the most popular flashing tool gifted to Samsung specifically. It helps to flash firmware files, mods, and recovery images. To use this tool, you need a Windows-based laptop or a desktop. We will the TWRP recovery image on your phone. Before we start the installation process, you must read the below prerequisites to complete this process.
- Best applications for Samsung Galaxy J6
- Best games for Samsung Galaxy J6
- Learn how to reset the Samsung Galaxy J6 smartphone
- The recovery image we mention in this tutorial merely belongs to Samsung Galaxy J6 smartphone. You shouldn’t use this on any other smartphone. That could damage your phone or even worse things can happen.
- This process is against the warranty terms and it voids it. Take your actions wisely. Post this process, you won’t be eligible for the support under the warranty program. In order to retain it, you’ll have to flash the stock firmware on your phone.
- We strongly recommend you to create a backup of your phone. That is a safer way to proceed with such actions. Either you can save your backup to your computer or save it online through applications available on Google Play store.
- Enable the USB Debugging on your phone – Use this guide to →enable USB Debugging/Developer Options on Samsung Galaxy J6. This is mandatory that you enable the USB Debugging on your phone. Otherwise, the Odin tool won’t able to communicate with your phone.
- Using the Developer Options, make sure to enable ‘OEM Unlock’ on your phone. That’s mandatary.
- Install the Samsung USB Drivers on your computer(laptop/desktop) from →here. These are necessary so your phone can be recognized by the computer.
Make sure to adhere to the prerequisites we mention above. Without following them, probably you’ll fail to install the TWRP recovery on your phone.
Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J6
- First, download the TWRP recovery image for this smartphone from here →here.
- Next, get the Odin Odin Flashing program from →here and extract the content of the package on your computer. You’ll obtain an executable file from this package. Run the executable file to open the Odin program:
- Now, power OFF your using the power button.
- Then, boot into the Download mode — press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons altogether. Release these buttons once Samsung Logo appears on the screen. You should reach into Download mode very soon.
- Next, connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable. The Odin tool should acknowledge your phone. The ID: COM section should turn to blue. If anything doesn’t happen, try re-installing the USB drivers and try connecting it again.
- Now, we will flash the TWRP recovery image. Tap on the ‘AP’ button and load the downloaded TWRP image file.
- Then, tap on the ‘Start’ button to start the process.
- As soon as the process is completed, a PASS! text will appear on the Odin tool.
- Now you can take off your phone from the computer.
That’s it. You’ve successfully put the TWRP recovery image on your phone. Now try booting into the recovery mode to examine this custom recovery menu. Follow the below tutorial to get into this recovery mode:
After the installation, you might find that your phone gets stuck on the boot screen and would not go beyond. To resolve that, you gotta flash two files using the TWRP recovery.
Must follow the below steps:
- Get into the recovery mode.
- Now, format your phone using the Wipe option. Before you do that, ensure to backup your data present on your phone.
- After that, reboot your phone.
- Now, download these two files on your phone: latest no-verity-opt-encrypt zip and RMM Bypass zip.
- Now, again boot into the TWRP recovery mode and flash these to files.
- Exit the recovery mode.
Now, you should be able to use the TWRP recovery on your phone easily. Thereafter, the phone should boot up normally.
That ends our tutorial on how to install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy J6 smartphone. If you find yourself stuck in the process, make sure to leave a comment below. We will try our best to answer your comment an appropriate solution. Stay connected with us!https://techshali.com/install-twrp-recovery-galaxy-j6/https://techshali.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/install-twrp-recovery-galaxy-j6.jpghttps://techshali.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/install-twrp-recovery-galaxy-j6-150x150.jpgMobilecustom recovery,Galaxy J6,Samsung,twrp recovery,TWRP recovery for Galaxy J6The TWRP recovery has bounteous advantages over the stock recovery menu. If you ever turn up to customization and tweak your phone extensively, then first you'll need a custom recovery like TWRP, in order to root and install custom firmware. For advanced users, it is something that elevates their...Deepak GuptaDeepak Guptadgdeepak000@gmail.comAdministratorDeepak Gupta is a tech geek who is a founder of TechShali, a popular tech-blog dedicated to help people all around the world.Techshali