Out of the box, the Samsung Galaxy J6 runs on the latest Android 8.1 Oreo operating system. It ensures that you have newer interface, features, and applications. Of course, a pretty well-crafted user interface makes everything fascinating about this smartphone. The Android OS is blessed with many useful modes. The recovery mode is one of them. In this tutorial, we will learn how to enter/access the recovery mode on Samsung Galaxy J6. We detail this procedure through different methods. So, even in the worst condition, you should be able to access this mode through one of these methods.
Most importantly, the recovery mode has several maintenance related functions. Through recovery mode, one can perform a hard reset, clear cache memory, update the firmware, flash custom firmware and so on. Thus, all these features make the recovery mode so important. You must aware yourself about the same. The recovery mode will help you to maintain your Samsung Galaxy J6. This process doesn’t impact the warranty on your phone. Accessing the recovery mode on Galaxy J6 doesn’t void the warranty. Nevertheless, probably you shouldn’t use this mode unknowingly. It is a very powerful mode. It can wipe out phone instantly. And if that happens or something similar, you simply can’t go back.
Therefore, we recommend using this mode in particular requirements. Where you’re completely sure about your actions. Entering into the recovery mode on Samsung Galaxy J6 doesn’t take too many efforts. Though there are different methods but most of them are easy. The process doesn’t take more a few seconds to reach this mode. In this tutorial, we’ll discuss some of the best methods to boot into the recovery mode on Galaxy J6. You’ll learn how these methods can be helpful in different situations. We three different methods to discuss. Without a much more ado, let’s learn these methods:
Enter Recovery Mode on Samsung Galaxy J6
1. Use Physical buttons – most common
This is the most common method used to access the recovery mode. For Samsung smartphones, the method remains same for all having a physical home button. Since Galaxy J6 doesn’t have a physical home button, there is little difference.
The pattern is very simple to learn and perform. Booting into the recovery mode is something that every owner should know. You’ll master this mode easily.
Perform the below steps to access the recovery mode on Samsung Galaxy J6:
- Turn off your phone using the Power button.
- Wait till it gets turned OFF completely.
- Now, press and hold Power and Volume Up buttons together for a while.
- Release both the buttons once the Samsung Logo’s screen appears. Then, you’ll automatically enter into the Recovery mode.
- If the Android Robot with “No command” comes, then tap on the screen your SAMSUNG Galaxy J6.
- You’ll enter into the Recovery mode that looks like below:
This method works till mentioned buttons work fine. If any of them malfunctioned, you might need to try other methods. This is the most common way of accessing the recovery mode on Android smartphones.
2. Use ADB commands
This is another approach to access different modes on Android smartphones. Mostly used by the Developers, it is becoming more familiar with users like us. If you’re running out of options due to problems with physical buttons, this method would help you.
However, this method includes some preparations. Basically, the ADB stands for an Android Debugging tool that used by the Developer that helps in application development.
Here is how you can use the ADB commands to access the recovery mode:
- You need a Window based laptop or desktop and a USB cable for connection purpose.
- Install the USB Drivers of your phone. That ensures that your phone gets recognized by the computer. You can download the USB drivers from →here.
- Now, download the Minimal ADB tool from →here and extract the content of the zip file. Under the extracted files, look for Run Me.bat file. Tap on this file. This will open the ADB command tool and it looks like below:
- Through USB cable connect your phone. This tool will automatically recognize your phone.
- Now, type the following command on the command prompt:
- adb reboot recovery
- This command will take you to the recovery mode.
- Now, you can exit the tool.
A little bit tough, this method has its own significance. If any of the physical buttons have malfunctioned or doesn’t work, certainly this method worth a try.
Requirements are easy to arrange. You can get started easily.
There is one more method to discuss. The next method requires a root access. For root users, it is seamlessly easier to access different modes.
3. Use Quick Reboot App – requires root
We already aware of the fact that the root users have extraordinary privileges than ordinary users. If you have a root access on your Samsung Galaxy J6, that’s great.
There are tons of advantages of rooting. However, it avoids the warranty of the device. So, we highly recommend you to take expert advice before rooting your phone.
If you’ve root privileges, then we recommend you to get Quick Reboot application. It makes switching to different modes effortless. Instantly, users can switch to different modes, i.e. recovery mode, boot loader, fastboot, etc.,
The Quick Reboot application is available on Google Play Store. It doesn’t cost you anything. It is completely free to download and use. Neither it displays ads.
You can anytime enter into the recovery mode using this application.
We have discussed all the three methods. We hope that now our readers won’t face issues while getting into the recovery mode. That ends our guide here on how to enter into the recovery mode on Samsung Galaxy J6.
Use this mode to maintain your phone and manage it efficiently. We will bring more useful stuff for this smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy J6. Stay connected with.