Instagram is a Photo and Videos Sharing Social Network that Facebook owns. Instagram is in the group of social networking websites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. Every social network site has a various way of working like we can share videos on YouTube. Similarly, we can share photos on Instagram too. Along with this, we can also share a video of 1-2 minutes on this. To connect with another user on Instagram, one has to follow. For that, a follow button is given, and you can set it according to your wish, in which who can follow you and who can not make their privacy private or public. In this article, we will different steps to delete an Instagram account temporarily and permanently and learn to save data before doing so.
Nowadays, everyone uses Instagram, and The Social media platform has become the most popular app in such a short time. On which you can stay connected with your friends and do many types of posts. But are you concerned about Instagram privacy threats? Or need a break from social media? Whatever be the reason, we will tell about how to delete an Instagram account in this article. So let’s start without any delay.
How to delete an Instagram account?
Delete Instagram permanently
If you delete your Instagram account, your Instagram Profile, Photos, Videos, Comments, Likes, and Followers will all be gone, and you can never get it back. Apart from this, you will not be able to open your Instagram account again with the same username or email ID . So I would request you to download all your data offline on your phone or computer before deleting it permanently.
- What is #TBT on Instagram and what is it used for?
- Learn how to put music on Instagram
- What Is Instagram Reels And How Does It Work?
How to Temporary Delete or Deactivate Instagram Account?
If you want to take a break from social media, then Instagram gives you the option to Deactivate Temporary. After deactivating your Profile, photo and videos will not be accessible to your profile. But you will be able to get the word back by logging in to your Instagram account again.
Instagram.com from a computer:
- Log in to instagram.com from a computer because the mobile app does not have delete your account option.
- Next, click the profile picture in the top right of the website and click on Profile, then click on Edit Profile.
- Navigate to the Temporarily disable my account that is on the bottom right side of the screen.
- Select an option from the dropdown menu next to Why are you disabling your account? Then re-enter your password. To get the option to disable your account after selecting a reason from the menu and entering your password.
- Click Temporarily Disable Account.
Note: Your Instagram Account Successfully Deactivated. Now you will be able to return your account whenever you want by logging in again.
How To Delete Instagram Account Permanently?
Before deleting your account, you may want to download a copy of your information (like your photos and posts) from Instagram. However, after your account has been deleted, you will not have access to Instagram’s Data Download tool.
- Navigate to the Delete Your Account page from any mobile browser or computer. You need to log in with your account credential and not delete your Instagram profile from the mobile app of Instagram.
- Select any given or customize option from the dropdown menu next to Why are you deleting your account? and then re-enter your password. The permanently delete your account option will only appear after you’ve selected a reason from the menu.
- Click or tap Delete [username] .
How to delete a different account:
- Click or tap the username on the top-right side of the Delete Your Account page.
- After that, Click or tap next to Edit Profile and select Log Out.
- Log back with the account you want to delete and follow the above instructions.
The deletion process may take up to 90 days to complete after the delete my account request begins. Copies of your content may remain after your account is deleted. It is stored in backup storage that Instagram can use to recover in the event of a disaster, software error, or other data loss event. In addition, Instagram may keep your information for legal issues, term violations, or harm prevention efforts.
- How to download Instagram photos on PC and Android
- What is Instagram Live and How to Make the Most Out of It?
How to Download a copy of your data on Instagram
To download a copy of all the data that you’ve shared on Instagram, you can request a download in a machine-readable (JSON) format. You’ll need to provide your Instagram account password to request this information.
Instagram app for Android and iPhone:
- Tap on to go to your Profile.
- Tap in the top right, then Tap on Settings.
- Next, Tap on Security, then tap on Download Data.
- It will ask for an email address to receive a link to your data and tap Request Download.
- Put your Instagram account password and tap on Next. After that, tap on Done.
- You’ll receive an email from Instagram titled Your Instagram Data that contains a link to your data. Tap to Download Data and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the download.
These are two easy ways to Delete or Deactivate Your Instagram Account Permanently. I hope you have found this article of ours helpful. If you have any questions related to this, then you can ask us by commenting below. we will try our best to help you