How to put music on Instagram [Solved]
Instagram stories have become so popular that more than 400 million users around the world now use them. That’s why its developers are always looking for ways to include new features to continue entertaining the community, such as, for example, adding music to the ephemeral publications of the photo app, without the need for external programmes.
This is something quite new with which everyone can have fun and add an even more original touch to their favourite moments. It’s simple to do and easy to master for any user of the platform, even if they’re just starting out. To learn how to include music in Instagram stories, read this post to the end.
Steps to add music in your Instagram stories
The most popular music tracks of the moment are part of Instagram Stories, Facebook Stories, WhatsApp, etc. And putting them in your own posts is something extremely simple and quick. It doesn’t take more than a couple of minutes if you’re good at deciding. Pay attention to the steps and start adding more personality to your Stories.
- Access your Instagram account from the app installed on your phone. This feature is not available on the web version.
- Create a new story. To do this, click on “Your story” at the top of the Instagram interface.
- Once there, you will have to select the content to upload in your Feed. You can choose a video or a photo, you also have the possibility to create your Story from text written by you. Note: You can mute the audio of your file, in case you choose to upload audiovisual content. This way, only the song that accompanies the story will be heard.
- Add the music. At this point, you must click on the Sticker icon located in the top options bar.
- Select “Music” from the options menu.
- Once there, you will see 2 sections where you can choose the piece of music that best suits your content, “For you” and “Explore”.
The first one shows the main trends, based on your behavior within the platform. While the second option includes a varied musical repertoire distributed in different categories, including happiness, love, hip hop, among others. To add it, simply click on the album thumbnail.
Note: You can also search directly by the name of the song, using the built-in search engine at the top. To make sure it’s the one you’re looking for, press the “Play” button on the right side of the screen.
- Select the start time of the song by simply moving the marker within the timeline.
Note: Within the editor, you also have the possibility to change the animation of the text. That is, the way the text appears while the music is playing or the colour of the text, if you prefer.
- You can include other fun features to your story to make it more original. Try GIFs, locations, time and even tag your friends directly so they can see it.
- When you have set the way the song lyrics will look, click “Done” and continue with the process.
- When everything is ready, tap “Your story”. When you do this, it will start publishing, wait while it finishes and you’re all set.
Note: You can also press “Best friends” to share it with your contacts in this list or “Send to” to post it on Facebook, among your featured Stories or via a DM. Select the option that best suits your style and share your content for everyone to see.
If you’ve followed all the steps to the letter, you’ll have a great story on your Instagram profile that your followers will be able to see. You can do this as many times as you want, as there are no limits (so far) to what you can do.
Also see other useful articles:
- What Is Instagram Reels And How Does It Work?
- What is Instagram Live and How to Make the Most Out of It?
- How to download Instagram photos on PC and Android
- How to Browse Private Instagram Profile Without Follow Their Account
- 10 Most Popular People Search Engine