A few days ago the Google has released the latest Android 9 Pie for their devices and third-party developers have started to roll out Android 9 Pie based custom firmware. If you’re using the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, then this is your chance to update the firmware to the latest version. In this tutorial, we’ll help you install PixelExperience Rom based on Android 9 Pie on Redmi Note 5 Pro. Most of the things are working fine on this Rom. This way, you get the experience of the latest Android firmware, features, and applications. You can expect better performance and battery life too.
Thanks to third-party developers who bring us such useful custom firmware. On the XDA forum, the PixelExperience Rom has been published. It is based on Google Android 9.0 Pie stock firmware and has been optimized for better performance Redmi Note 5 Pro smartphone. As per the developer’s notes, everything works fine on this Rom except two things: Hardware encryption and Miracast/wifi display. We assume that these issues should vanish in future updates. If you’ve been looking to update your phone to this Android version, then this Rom would be ideal for you. Currently, this firmware is in beta version and hopefully, the final version should arrive soon.
In order to apply this Rom, a few things you required. Your phone’s bootloader must be unlocked and it should have the TWRP recovery image. We cannot flash this custom ROM using the stock recovery. The stock recovery doesn’t sufficient privileges to flash custom firmware and mods. Therefore, you should install this recovery mode. And before that, you need to unlock the bootloader on your phone. Basically, the bootloader is a small program that runs at the booting time. It contains some code necessary to boot up our phone, and it protects the phone from third-party access and changes. Therefore, it becomes mandatory to remove this security layer.
That is neither a tough job. So, you first need to complete these two tasks before we start this process. Most importantly, you should know that we are performing a custom operation. Which voids the manufacturer terms and condition. That means it voids the warranty on your phone. If you wish to get it back in the future, then you need to flash the stock firmware on your phone. That will restore your Redmi Note 5 Pro phone and its warranty. And all other aspects like custom firmware, mods and recovery are replaced with the stock ones.
Another thing that you should consider is that this process wipes the internal memory. The process formats the internal memory of the phone and afterward installs the firmware. Therefore, you must back up all of your important stuff. If you lose any of your stuff, then you wouldn’t possible to restore any of them. We cannot reverse this process by any chance. You must consider creating a complete backup of your phone. That is helpful as per the future aspects. Before we install this firmware and update your Redmi Note 5 Pro to Android 9 Pie, you should go through the below prerequisites.
- This custom firmware has been specifically developed for the Redmi Note 5 Pro. One should not update it on any other smartphone. That could end things bitterly. You must avoid such actions.
- This is going to impact the warranty on your phone. Xiaomi doesn’t support such actions officially. You’ll lose the warranty on your phone. To restore that, you’ll have to flash the stock firmware on your phone. That will restore your phone and its warranty terms and condition.
- Since we are performing a custom operation, a general backup is highly recommended. This process wipes the internal memory and there is no chance to reverse it, You better keep things simple and backup your important stuff before getting into it.
- In order to install this Rom and update the firmware on your phone, the TWRP recovery is needed. Without this recovery, we cannot flash this custom firmware on this phone. First, install this TWRP recovery and then proceed further.
- At last, charge your phone to a good extent. It should be able to stay on while installing this firmware. If it turns off while performing this action, it could harm your phone. You better charge your phone a bit.
That’s you must keep in consideration while flashing this stock firmware. Read all these prerequisites thoroughly and prepare accordingly.
We assume that you’ve managed to complete the above requirements. Now, let’s go ahead and update the firmware on your phone.
How to install Android 9 Pie based Rom on Redmi Note 5 Pro
The process is similar to the way we install custom ROMs through the recovery mode. We will get into the recovery mode and install this firmware package. Just follow the below steps exactly we mention to flash this firmware successfully;
- Firstly, download the PixelExperience Rom for Redmi Note 5 Pro from →here. Make sure to download the latest build for your phone. Save this file on your mobile’s internal memory. Remember the name and location of this file.
- Now, turn off your phone.
- Boot into the recovery mode—
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together.
- Once the boot menu or logo appears, release the buttons.
- Now choose the Recovery mode and enter into it.
- You should be entered into the TWRP recovery mode.
- To install this firmware file, just tap on the ‘Install’ button and select the firmware package file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to flash this Rom.
- Once it is complete, exit the recovery mode.
Now, your phone will reboot and bring you to the setup screen soon. There enter your Google account details and set up your profile. However, there are chances that it gets stuck on the boot screen. If that happens, just follow the below troubleshooting steps:
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into the recovery mode.
- Now, perform a factory reset by tapping on ‘Wipe’ option.
- Exit the recovery mode.
Now, everything should work fine. That’s it, you’ve updated your Redmi Note 5 Pro phone to latest Android 9 Pie firmware. Such custom firmware are usually good. While they are optimized for better performance, they offer different opportunities to improve the user experience.
We hope that Redmi Note 5 Pro users would use this Rom. Share your thoughts, experience, and views about this Rom in the comment section. If you face any issue, let us know so we can help you out. Stay connected with us for more such content and tutorials.