Gmail is one of the leaders in the email services sector. It is owned by the Google firm and as such provides access to virtually all services offered by the giant firm. Millions of users use Gmail.com email every day to access their inboxes and read messages or to sign up for other internet services such as social networks. In this article, we will show you how you can safely log into or sign in to your Gmail email account www.gmail.com and access your mails, if you don’t have it, create a one, fix login issues and safe login tips.
You can sign in to Gmail using your browser, either your computer or mobile phone, as well as the mobile app. Also, you can have more than one account and sign in to more than one at the same time. If you encounter difficulties logging in, the service has ways to solve the inconvenience.
Log in to Gmail using the browser
The most common way to access Gmail email is using the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You only need the username and password to log in without difficulty.
The advantage of this method is viewing the electronic messages with greater comfort, as you would be reading your email with the wide resolution of the screen attached to your computer.
- Access https://mail.google.com and you will be directed to the login page. Another way would be to access the official gmail site (www.gmail.com) and click the “Sign in” button located in the upper right corner of the page. Enter in the box your username, i.e. the one before “@gmail.com”. You may also enter your full address (including “@gmail.com”). Then click “Next.
- Enter your password and click “Next” again.
- Done! You will now be directed to your email inbox.
Once you’ve logged in, you’ll be automatically logged in to all other Google services in addition to Gmail. This means that by accessing Gmail, you would also be accessing, with your login, YouTube, the Google search engine, Google Maps, Google Drive and any service linked to Google. Without a doubt, something very advantageous!
Sign in with more than one Gmail email
Google allows you, if you have more than one email address or Google account, to parallel sign in to more than one account. So, after you have signed in to your primary email, follow this procedure to add the second one, with a view to switching between both accounts with ease. That way, you’ll be able to stay open, for example, on both your personal and work accounts at the same time.
- Sign in to your main Gmail email using the procedure described at the beginning of this article.
- Click on the profile picture located at the top right corner of the screen. Then click ‘Add another account.
- Sign into the next account the same way as your main one, entering your username or email address and password.
- Now the accounts can take turns. Simply click on the profile picture again to switch between them.
- Alternating profiles can also be done directly on the Google homepage by clicking on the profile photo to switch accounts.
Sign in to Gmail with Android and iOS
Gmail has an app designed for Android and iOS operating systems, enabling you to log into your email comfortably, efficiently and quickly. Also, with the notifications function enabled, the app notifies you of new messages as soon as they arrive in your inbox.
The links to download the Gmail app from the corresponding online shops are as follows:
Once downloaded, you simply open the app and enter your login details. You can also sign in to Gmail using the standard Android and iOS operating system email apps.
Create an account and sign in to Gmail
If you do not already have an @gmail.com email address, you will need to follow the procedure to create a new account or sign up for the service. The process is simple and can be completed in a few minutes using your computer or mobile device.
- Go to https://accounts.google.com/signup.
- Enter your details to create the account: first and last name, username (determines your email address and should therefore not be in use) and password.
- Check your mobile number.
- Enter the remaining data that is requested.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions.
Following the above procedure, you will have successfully created a Gmail account, being able to log in using the procedure detailed at the beginning of the article. Also, with the email address created, you will be able to sign in to any of Google’s services.
Problems signing in to Gmail
The Gmail login process isn’t without its drawbacks that can prevent you from accessing your account. Fortunately, every problem has a solution. In case of lost login details, the chances of logging in will be higher if you have previously set means of identity verification like SMS or alternative email address.
Below we will mention the most frequent problems when logging in, as well as the solution for each situation.
Forgotten password: enter your email address or phone number on the login page, and click “Next”. Then click on the “Forgot Password?” link. Another method is to go to https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/challenge/pwd and follow the account recovery procedure.
Forgotten email address: If you can’t remember your email address, click the “Forgot your email?” link on the login page. You can also go to https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/usernamerecovery and enter your phone number or alternate email address to recover the account.
Unable to log in:
- Check that you have opened the correct page.
- Make sure that the “Caps Lock” key is turned off.
- If you can’t remember your email, try your mobile number.
- Try another browser to exclude the possibility that there is a problem with cookies in your current browser.
The page behaves slowly: If you notice that Gmail works slowly, this may be because the page is displayed in the HTML version instead of the standard version. Please check your Internet connection and try a different browser.
Are you experiencing any other problems? Google provides a section of the Help Center dedicated to sign-in issues. Go to https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/2402620 and get help by clicking on the issue that applies to your situation.
Tips for safe logins
It is recommended that you take precautions in order to prevent your account from being compromised when logging in. Especially, electronic mail requires greater care, otherwise all personal information contained in your email can be compromised.
The following are some tips to take into account when logging in.
Keep your antivirus and protection software updated: a small carelessness may be enough for a malicious program to install itself in your computer and compromise all your accounts. Always keep your antivirus up to date!
Change your password regularly: we recommend changing your password periodically to increase account security.
Use two-step authentication or verification: also called “two-step confirmation”, this is a process that adds an extra layer of security to the account.
Learn the details by visiting https://www.google.com/landing/2step/.
Log out or log out when you’re done: logging out is essential, especially if you are using a public or shared computer. This will prevent anyone else from opening and accessing your account.
Add a valid phone number: access to the account is often permanently lost when the user skips the security and recovery settings. Add the phone number and other essential details before it’s too late. Click your profile picture from your Gmail account and then click Manage your Google Account, or go to the Security Check page at https://myaccount.google.com/security-checkup.
Enjoy Google and Gmail services!
Gmail is the email service belongs to Google, the popular search engine that also connects dozens of widely used services, from streaming services like Youtube to geolocation services like Google Maps, to name a few. Creating a Gmail account is equivalent to creating a Google account, as both services are interconnected. However, it is worth mentioning that Google does not necessarily require @gmail.com email account.
Some of the features of Gmail that you should know are:
- When you log in to Gmail, you also log in to the other Google services.
- Gmail offers 15 GB of free storage to its users. This space is valid for all Google services, including Drive.
- The Gmail inbox is organized into categories. Gmail defaults to tabs like “Home,” “Social,” and “Promotions. Gmail also uses an efficient method to sort and display electronic messages into relevant folders.
- Gmail is available in over one hundred and twenty languages.
These are just some of the features of Google’s email service. Discover the rest for yourself!