Find out how to change your WhatsApp wallpaper from Android, iOS and WhatsApp web, personalise your chats, background and lyrics.
Personalising your WhatsApp will always be an option so that when you communicate with your contacts the application looks the way you like it, either by using different typography to the traditional one, modifying and changing every time you want the wallpaper in general or selecting a specific wallpaper for each contact.
How do I personalise my WhatsApp chat?
To personalise your chats you can do the following:
Change the font
WhatsApp gives you different typography options to make your chats much more eye-catching, in that sense, you can use bold, italic, strikethrough or separate letters as we indicate below:
- To use bold letters in your chat add an asterisk (*) at the beginning and another at the end of the word or phrase you want to darken.
- If you want to use the strikethrough text effect, add the tilde of the letter “ñ” (~) at the beginning and at the end of the word or phrase to be strikethrough.
- In the case of italics, you only need to add an underscore (_) before and at the end of the word or phrase you are going to modify.
- But if you want to use the effect of separate letters, add three accents (“`) before and after the word or phrase you are going to place.
Adding a background
Another way to customise your chats is by changing the theme, colour and keyboard. You can also change the background of each specific chat by following the steps below:
- Enter the chat you want to change in WhatsApp.
- Press the three dots at the top right of the chat to display the options menu.
- Select the option identified as “Wallpaper”.
- There you can click on change and replace it with one of the default images of the App or search for any photo from your gallery.
- Finally, at the bottom of the image you have set as wallpaper you can adjust its brightness and that’s it.
How can I remove a photo from my WhatsApp wallpaper?
It is important that you follow the instructions that we will indicate depending on the device you are using:
From an Android device
If you are using an Android device and you are tired of seeing the same wallpaper photo in all your WhatsApp chats, it’s time to change it as follows:
- Log in to your WhatsApp application and press the three dots located on the top right-hand side of the App.
- A list of options will be displayed and you should press the one identified as “Settings”.
- Now click on the “Chats” line.
- Then press the option labelled “Wallpaper”.
- Select “Change and place the image of your choice.
- Whatsapp Aero: How to Download, Features and Advantages
- Whatsapp Delta: How To Download, Features And Benefits
On an iOS phone
The process to change the WhatsApp wallpaper from your iOS devices is similar to the one explained in the previous part, in this case, you will have to do the following:
- Go to the WhatsApp application settings identified by the gear symbol at the bottom right.
- Click on the option called “Chats”.
- Then select the “Chats wallpaper” line.
- Proceed to choose the wallpaper you like best, either one of the default ones or an image from your gallery.
- Configure the brightness, lightness, darkness options and finally press “Set” so that the changes are saved automatically.
On WhatsApp Web
If you use WhatsApp Web, it is also possible to change the background image of your chats, but it does not give you the option to add photos from your gallery or default images. In order to try to change the background image, it is necessary to resort to external applications and web pages. However, you can change the background of your chats using solid colours as described below:
- Log in to your WhatsApp Web and go to the three menu items located on the left sidebar above your chats.
- Click on the “Settings” option.
- Select the “Wallpaper” box and you will be able to choose one of the 28 solid colours that the application has available on WhatsApp Web.
Why won’t WhatsApp let me change the wallpaper of my chats?
It often happens that the application does not allow you to make some changes to customise the application itself, such as changing the WhatsApp background image.
When this happens make sure you have the latest update of the application, it is also important to keep the cache of the application clean and finally make a constant cleaning of your device since the lack of storage space can influence WhatsApp not to work properly.