Don’t you just hate it when your Android phone pops up an error like Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped? I bet you do and you probably look for ways to solve this error. In this tutorial, we’ll help you fix this bothering problem, ‘Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped’. If you’re facing this problem on your phone, then there are different solutions to this phone. The good thing is that this problem isn’t related to your phone’s hardware, it is related to the software i.e firmware part and can be resolved easily.
The Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped error is symptomatic of a bug in your phone or dialer application. It gets even more annoying when phone calls come into your phone and the bug won’t let you take them. Sometimes, it prevents phone calls from coming through to you, and at times, the phone may ring or vibrate with a blank screen leaving you clueless as to which number is calling at the time. In this post, I am going to show you ways to prevent the error from occurring in the first place.
Blessing here, and in this post, I am going to show you ways you can prevent the error from occurring in the first place. Just in case you are faced with this annoying bug already, I’ll also show you easy ways you can get your phone back in shape. Just before we dive into the preventive measures, let’s take a close look at the Android operating system.
Android mobile operating system is developed by Googe and is primarily designed to run on touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. It is, however, worthy of note that the Android operating system, just like many other operating systems, is not void of bugs. One of the bugs which beset most Android phone users is the “Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped” error. So let’s get down to business.
How to prevent “Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped” error from occurring.
There are different ways that we can avoid or prevent this error on our phone. There’s nothing hard that you’ve to do. There are simple to understand and apply tips that you can read below to prevent such problems on your Android phone.
- Do not install too many third-party applications which require the resources of the ‘dialer’ or ‘phone’ application.
- Close applications that are no longer in use. To do this (in most phones), hold down the ‘Home’ button on your phone for a few moments till the phone displays recently used applications.
- Swipe right (or tap the ‘X’ button by the side of the app you want to close) to close the app.
How To Fix Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped
- First off, uninstall every dialler-related application you recently installed on the phone. You can achieve that by opening the ‘Setting’ app on your phone > Apps. Under the ‘Downloaded’ tab, locate and tap on the recently installed dialler-related app. Next, tap Uninstall then ‘OK’ when the pop-up screen appears.
- Clear the ‘dialler’ app’s cache. The cache is a portion of a computing device’s storage
wasfrequently used information is stored to avoid having to reload the app every time the device needs it. It is necessary that you clear your phone’s dialler’s cache when faced with the ‘phone has stopped working’ error – as the error may have occurred due to clogging in the dialler or phone app.
- Perform a factory reset: If you performed the above operations and the issue is still not fixed, then it’s time to perform a factory reset. Note: this operation will wipe personal information on your phone such as contacts, messages,
third-partyapplication, etc. So it is advisable that you back upyour device’s content.
One of the above solutions should work and remove this unwanted error from your phone. Like the
Did you find this article helpful? Comment below and share it on social media using our super easy share buttons.