Samsung is putting its best to keep their smartphones updated. They have introduced the updated versions of Galaxy J and A series of smartphones. Now, they have a better user interface and hardware specs. Also, you get updated inbuilt tools like Recovery and Fastboot mode. You must aware of such modes. They are pretty useful. In this tutorial, we’ll help you to enter/boot Samsung Galaxy A6 into the recovery mode. Also, we will discuss some important features of this mode. You can use this mode for maintenance purpose.
The recovery mode is almost common among all Android smartphones. The manufacturers ship their smartphone with the stock recovery. And apparently, it is one of the most important aspects of the Android operating system. Basically, the recovery mode has maintenance and update related facilities. Whenever OEMs launches the OTA updates, our smartphone uses the recovery mode to flash those updates.
And you can manually update your Samsung Galaxy A6 using the recovery mode. Moreover, there are other useful features that recovery mode has. If you’re an advanced user, then probably you would know everything about the recovery mode. It is a very powerful mode that can wipe out your phone instantly. Therefore, you shouldn’t play with this mode. Once you boot into the recovery mode on Samsung Galaxy A6, you’ll have your hands on powerful features.
Through you can manually update your phone, perform resets, wipe cache memory and do more. Also, you can extend the functionality with the custom recovery. No matter whether you’re having manufacturer installed stock recovery or a custom recovery. The procedure to enter into it remains the same. That you must know and should learn about its features. While we boot Galaxy A6 into the recovery mode, it doesn’t harm the warranty on your phone.
The procedure to access the recovery mode can be different. Either you can use the physical buttons, ADB commands or through a dedicated application. Pressing the physical buttons in a certain pattern brings the recovery mode. This is the widely used method and doesn’t need anything else.
This method works until all the buttons are working properly. If not, then try the other two methods. We discuss these three methods below. Before we begin, it is recommended that you shouldn’t use this mode unknowingly. That could bring unwanted issues.
Enter Recovery Mode on Samsung Galaxy A6
1. Method – Through physical buttons
It is the simplest method that works until all physical buttons are working. There is a certain pattern that you’ve to follow to boot into the recovery mode.
This method is most common among Android users. Follow the below instructions to boot into the recovery mode on Samsung Galaxy A6:
- Switch OFF your phone using the Power button.
- Now press and hold Volume Up and Power buttons together. Release these buttons once the Samsung Logo appears.
- After the Samsung Logo, an Android Logo screen will appear, now tap on the screen.
- Now, you’re in the recovery mode.
Now, you should be in the recovery mode. The Samsung Galaxy A6 comes with stock recovery. This recovery looks like below:
The stock recovery has limited options. These options are good enough for ordinary users like us. Now, let’s discuss some of the important features of the recovery mode.
- Reboot system now — Use this option to exit the recovery mode on the Samsung Galaxy A6. Or else, you can press and hold the Power button for a few seconds to exit the mode.
- Reboot to bootloader — Another mode intended to be used by Advanced users. Through this mode, users can flash firmware through titles like Odin.
- Apply update from ADB/SD Card – It helps to flash updates manually. Whenever we download an OTA update, our phone gets into the recovery mode use this option to flash the updates.
- Wipe data/factory reset — If you ever wish to perform a hard reset, just this option. It will wipe out your phone completely in a few seconds.
- Wipe cache partition — If you ever run out of the performance, the cache memory could cause the problem. Just use this option to wipe the cache memory. That will →calibrate the performance on your phone.
This information should be enough for you to get started with the recovery mode.
2. Method – Use ADB commands
Mostly preferred by the Android Devs, its a best alternate method. If somehow you’re not able to use the above method, then should help you.
The ADB stands for Android Debugging. Through setting up the Android development environment, you can access the recovery mode. I know it sounds something big, but will surely help in reducing efforts.
In order to make things simple, we have a minimal ADB tool package. You need the following preparations to complete:
- You need a Windows-based computer, laptop/desktop.
- Install the USB Drivers of your phone on the computer. You can download the USB drivers from →here. Install these drivers on your computer.
- Download the minimal ADB package from → here. Extract the content on your computer. Under the extracted folder, locate the Run Me.bat file.
That’s all you gotta prepare. Now, you’re ready to boot into the recovery mode on Galaxy A6 using ADB commands.
Follow the below instructions:
- From the extracted files, double tap no the Run Me.bat file to open the ADB interface. The commands prompt looks like:
- Now, connect your phone using the USB cable.
- Type the following on the command prompt:
- adb reboot recovery
- Your phone will reboot and enter into the recovery mode.
That’s an alternate way to enter into the recovery mode. It doesn’t require the intervention of any physical buttons. Therefore, this method becomes so important.
Whenever you failed to use the first method, try this one.
3. Method – Use a dedicated application
This last method requires root access. If you’ve rooted your phone, then you can switch to different modes anytime. For root users, there are exceptional privileges. You can access the core-system settings and configure them.
There is an application called — Quick Reboot. This application extends the boot options. While you press the Power button, you get extended boot options.
You can easily switch to recovery, bootloader, fastboot, and a few more modes.
The Quick Reboot application is completely free to download and use. You can easily boot into recovery mode on Galaxy A6 using this application.
That ends our list of different methods to enter into the recovery mode on Samsung Galaxy A6. If you stuck anywhere on the mentioned steps, drop your comments below. We’ll help you with the best efforts.