Windows 10 is the latest and popular version of Microsoft Windows operating. Microsoft is a leading brand in personal computers for decades, so Windows 10 is a market leader. However, windows 10 have many new features, and a user-friendly interface attracts users a lot. For example, nowadays, we use screenshot features in mobile a lot with swipe three fingers down, But we can also take screenshots in Windows 10 differently. Thus, we have this list of different methods to take screenshots on Windows 10 smartly.
Screenshots are widely used to share product pictures or doing many photoshop works. It captures the image of what you saw on your screen. The screenshot in windows 10 is customizable, like full screen or a particular product. Fortunately, you don’t have to download any app or software to perform the task. All methods of taking screenshots are in-built in windows 10.
How to Take a Screenshot on Windows 10
#1. Take Screenshot by Prtsc Button
Pressing Prtsc is the oldest way to take screenshots via the Prtsc button. To save a copy of whatever you want to take a screenshot, press the Prtsc button on your keyboard. You can find the Prtsc button on the top row of your keyboard near the functions key. Almost every keyboard has this button and working in every version of windows.
PrtScn variations in windows 10:
- Press PrtScn – Pressing the Prtsc button will copy the entire screen to the clipboard, and you can paste the copied image into image-supported software like Paint or Microsoft word.
- Press Alt + PrtScn. This process will capture the current window to the clipboard, and you can use it with other software.
- Press the Windows key + Shift + S. This function only works with windows 10. However, it allows the user to take screenshots by the mouse pointer. You have to drag the desired part of the screen to capture.
- Press the Windows key + PrtScn This combination will save an image in your system that can found in the pictures folder > screenshots. After that, you can use that picture as required.
#2. Take a screenshot on Windows 10 with Snipping Tool.
The snipping tool is a windows screenshot utility. The snipping tool made it easy to take a screenshot from the above method. It directly creates an image of the selection in the folder. You do not have to paste the image to another app to make or use the picture. Follow the below steps to know how we can use the snipping tool for taking screenshots.
- Open Snipping Tool from the Start menu.
- Click on the “Mode” drop-down option and select the screenshot shape you want – Free from, Retangular, window, and full screen.
- Click on New that makes the screen freeze; after that, select the screenshot part you want with the help of the mouse. The taken screenshot will appear in the snipping tool window.
- You can animate or edit your screenshot image in the same window with the snipping tool.
- To save the image, go to Files and click on the Save As tab.
#3. Take a screenshot on Windows 10 with the Game Bar.
The Game bar is a tool in windows 10 in that a user can capture a picture or Broadcast video while playing the game. In addition, you can quickly access the Xbox App. This app is also an easy way to capture screenshots while doing heavy-duty tasks like playing high-end games on your computer. Screenshot by the Game bar is the fasted way to capture screenshots due to DVR support.
- Start any game from the Start menu.
- While playing the game on your computer, press the Windows key + G. It will open an overlay of the Game Bar.
- The screenshot tool appears as an overlay on top of games.
- Click the camera icon to take a screenshot.
You can also perform this task by a keyboard shortcut: Windows key + Alt + PrtScn.
We hope that you like the above methods of how to take a screenshot in windows 10. Lets us know what your favorite way to take a screenshot is. Moreover, there is no requirement of a third-party app when windows already have a dedicated button and some app to take screenshots. Share your feedback in the comment section.