Snapchat is a famous American messaging app that is based on exchanging pictures and videos between users. The messages are called a snap; moreover, the messages disappear after the user views them. Snapchat introduces itself as a new type of camera. The primary feature is its inbuilt camera filters and lenses that can change the picture of a user in a better way that they can share with their followers on Snapchat. Nowadays, everyone has many accounts on different platforms, and it’s difficult to remember all the user names and passwords. So it also goes with Snapchat; we usually forgot the username and password, here we learn about how to recover your Snapchat account through different methods.
Snapchat is one of the trending App nowadays. Almost everybody is using the App as it is available for Android and iOS devices. The user base of this App is enormous. This App enhances your picture by using its unique and creative effects and filter that you can’t stop yourself fall for it. If you face any difficulty logging in or if a hacker steals your account, we have a solution to this issue.
How to Recover Your Snapchat Account
Before getting to the solution, we have to find out why you can’t access your account, whether you forgot your username, password, recovery mail, or account is a hack by someone. But, don’t worry, we cover all aspects and give you an accurate solution.
Recover Snapchat Account if You Have Forgot Your Password
If you cannot access the Snapchat app due to forgot your password, you can create your password by resetting the password on the Snapchat App. Here are the steps for resetting the password.
- First, open the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Then enter your username or email id.
- After that, tap on “Forgot Password.”
- Now, there is a pop-up question in the new tab in which Snapchat asks you to choose how you want to reset your password via phone or email. Tap on Your answer.
- Then enter your email id or contact no and tap on submit.
- After that, if you choose the email option, Snapchat sends you a mail to reset the password, and if you select phone, then Snapchat asks you to choose between call or message for OTP.
- The link in the email link directly lets you change the password, and for your phone, you have to enter the OTP to reset your account.
- Change your password and use Snapchat.
Recover Snapchat Account if You Forgot Your Username and Email ID
We usually forgot the username due to inactive in using the App. Sometimes, we have to log in again if we change devices to new. Forget the username is very common as we are human beings. The steps are easy if you forgot your username. However, we use multiple email IDs, for we can’t remember the exact email ID that we use, we created the account on Snapchat. the step to recover are:
- Make a list of all your email id.
- Then, open the Snapchat app on your mobile.
- After that, Tap on forget user name.
- Now, again Snapchat is asking for the email id.
- Enter all your email id one by one.
- If you enter the wrong email id. Snapchat will show an error to read the input, and a pop-up will occur saying that the email address is invalid.
- Continue the process until you find the right one.
How to Recover Hacked Snapchat Account
Recover the hacked Snapchat account is not an easy task. It depends on the hacker that what changes a hacker made to your account. Regularly changing the password can stop your account from being misused. If some use your account, then follow the password reset process from the above to get back your hacked account. However, if someone is changing the recover email id and the phone number, there is no way. You can contact Snapchat customer support as soon as possible.
Secure Your Account
In this situation where we heard data leaks news a lot, the better solution for that, we should make our social network accounts more secure. You can follow some methods to stop being hack or any future trouble accessing your Snapchat account.
- Update your email id and contact number.
- Enable Two-factor Authentication that can alert you whenever any compromise to your Snapchat account.
- Use a unique password that should be ib combination of letters, numbers, and special characters.
We hope you can recover your account by these above processes and keep your security and safe in the future. Do let us know your feedback regarding this article in the comment section. So, that’s all about how we can recover our Snapchat account in case we forget the password or if someone hack our account.
Now, we would like to hear from you. What’s the method you tried and find it working? You can drop your comments in below comment section.