If you are the owner of a facility that has installed wiring and want to keep your company data safe, you should be aware of the need for increased cybersecurity measures. You may already know about cyber attacks in other industries, but what about the damage when hackers crack into a site?
In this post, we will explore how to protect your premises from being hacked by recommending some security measures for an installation. Our aim is, of course, to help keep your facility safe.
The product range covers simple software and firmware updates to more advanced systems based on trusted credentials and physical access control. Furthermore, all units are available in different sizes and form factors so that the design fits within the architecture of the building.
SpaceLogic Secure LITE
The basic unit of the SpaceLogic, the Secure product range, consists of a standard, purpose-built, and scalable system based on the SpaceLogic Home Server, which is installed and managed. The units are keyless entries and can be controlled remotely with credentials for an unlimited number of users.
SpaceLogic Secure MODULAR
The modular product range consists of purpose-built, scalable, and modular systems, which this type of Electric manages. The scalable and modular fields are available in 16-way and 8-way configurations, with more designs. The main difference between the module types is their scalability (16 or 8 units) – the unit types share their keyless entry capabilities.SpaceLogic Secure MODULAR models can be ordered from anywhere globally by Schneider Electric’s worldwide network of distributors and partners who will also offer distribution support.
SpaceLogic Secure CONNECT
Schneider Electric manages the purpose-built and scalable system. The unit is keyless entry, scalable, and remotely manageable with a unique public IP address.SpaceLogic Secure CONNECT models can be ordered from anywhere in the world by Schneider Electric’s worldwide network of distributors and partners who will also offer distribution support.
SpaceLogic Secure PRO
Schneider Electric manages the purpose-built and scalable system. The unit is keyless entry, scalable, and remotely manageable with a unique public IP address. The key feature is the integration of encryption via a physical access control system to connect to the system. SpaceLogic Secure PRO models can be ordered from anywhere in the world by Schneider Electric’s worldwide network of distributors and partners who will also offer distribution support.
KNX Security Measures
If you have an installation and want to protect your premises from cyber-attacks, you will likely want to take some security measures using KNX SpaceLogic. Here are some of our recommendations:
1. Consider implementing measures to prevent a physical access control system from connecting to the bus without permission. This will be particularly important if you have user credentials for multiple employees on your premises and you want to ensure that only authorized employees can access the bus.
Of course, you should also consider whether a physical access control system is needed for your building. Many buildings are not accessible by external parties, and internal installations may also require physical access controls.
2. Carefully consider whether your building should have a monitored alarm system. If you have a monitored alarm system installed, hackers can use it as part of their attack. In most cases, it is better not to have an alarm system installed if you want to protect your premises from cyber-attacks.
3. Consider whether a closed-circuit television (CCTV) installation is needed. It is, of course, true that if a hacker breaches your premises, the CCTV will probably be the first thing they attempt to hack.
4. Consider that a backdoor in your network can allow hackers access to other network parts, such as your email server. To protect the integrity of your network, you should ensure that all your devices have the latest security patches.
5. Consider having a backup power supply. If a hack hits your premises during a power cut, the backup power supply will allow you to continue operating for longer. Of course, we recommend that you also have an off-site backup solution as part of your contingency plan to protect your data and prevent downtime.
6. Consider whether all your systems should be updated regularly. If your systems – including your routers and access control system – are not running the latest security patches, then you may want to look into updating them.