Just like the other Android smartphones, the Moto G6 smartphones are blessed with multiple Android modes. These are essential as they offer tune-up and maintenance related resources. In this tutorial, we’ll help you to enter your Moto G6, G6 Play, and G6 Plus into the recovery mode. Also, we discuss some important usage of this Android mode. With the recovery mode, you can easily perform resets, flash custom firmware, recovery and a few more things. Since you’re using an Android-powered smartphone, it becomes important for you to be certain about recovery mode, and other Android modes. In one or more ways, they are helpful.
The Motorola Moto G6 comes with a stock recovery menu. There you get some basic options through, you can update your phone manually, perform a factory reset, clear cache memory, and a few more selections. Getting into the recovery mode is not a tough job. It follows a simple pattern in which you’ll have to press the available buttons. It takes only a few seconds to perform all steps and boot into the recovery mode on Moto G6 and other models. This tutorial should help you in getting into the recovery mode. You’ll just need to follow the steps that we mention in this tutorial. No matter if you’re new this. We’ll take you through the all-important of functions of the recovery mode.
Even our smartphone does use this mode. Whenever we download an update, our smartphone gets into this mode silently and installs the update files. Or, you can execute this process manually. If you’re not getting certain updates through OTA, just download them from the available sources and flash them manually. Most importantly, the recovery mode on Moto G6 helps to reset and clear cache of the phone. It helps to sustain performance and calibrate for the best outcome. Sooner, or later, you’ll realize the importance of the recovery mode and would need to enter into this mode. At that time, this tutorial should help you.
In order to boot the Moto G6 recovery mode, we will use the traditional method. This method includes the use of physical buttons. We have a certain pattern to follow. The pattern is very simple to understand, learn and apply. Once you perform it twice or three times, probably, you’ll master it. Thus, you don’t have to rely on any tutorial further. Aftermath we get into the recovery mode, there’s a lot we do. However, you shouldn’t use recovery mode carelessly.
It can wipe out your phone instantly, and there is no way to undo that. Be careful while booting into the recovery mode. The below instructions will help you to get into the recovery mode on your Moto G6, G6 Play, and G6 Plus smartphone:
Enter Recovery Mode on Moto G6, G6 Play and G6 Plus
As we have outlined already, there is a certain pattern you gotta follow. The below instructions will guide you properly to boot into the recovery mode:
- Turn OFF your phone using the Power button.
- Now hold the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Release both the buttons once Fastboot mode appears on the screen.
- Now, use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to Recovery Mode and press Power button to select it.
- Once the Android Robot screen appears, press and hold Volume Up and Power buttons.
- Now you should be in Recovery mode. Now, release the buttons.
That’s it. Now, you’re in the recovery mode. That’s how you can easily boot your Moto G6 into the recovery mode anytime you want. The Moto G6 smartphones come with the stock recovery that looks like this:
This is a stock recovery. We can even go beyond with the custom recovery — TWRP. If you’d like to install custom firmware then the custom recovery is needed.
Moto G6 : Recovery Mode features
The features are very easy to learn, understand and use. You can easily get started with them. Below, we discuss some important features that you can use.
- Reboot system now – To exit this mode, tap on this menu. It will reboot your phone and turn it on to the normal Android screen.
- Reboot to Bootloader – Another Android mode that helps Android developers to build, test and bring new stuff our smartphones. This mode is required while using firmware flashing tools.
- Apply update from ADB/Apply update from SD card – Both options help to install updates manually. Use them to flash update files.
- Wipe data/factory reset – This option allows you to hard reset your Moto G6. Whenever you feel that your phone’s performance is getting down or facing severe issues, you can perform this reset. It wipes all the external files, apps and data. And perform a factory reset on your phone.
- Wipe cache partition – Use this option to clear the cache partition on your phone. For performance purposes, it is suggested to clear cache once in two months at least.
These are the important operations that you can perform through the recovery mode. With these, you should be able to use the recovery mode on your Moto G6 smartphone easily.
That ends our tutorial here and we hope that our readers would enjoy it. That’s all about on booting into the recovery mode on Moto G6, G6 Play and G6 Plus. If you stuck or face any issue, feel free to contact us through the comments. We’ll be glad to help you out. Stay connected with us for useful stuff.