We know that LG has stopped the official support for this smartphone. That doesn’t mean that you cannot update your phone further. Most likely, you’ll have to use a custom ROM to update your phone. In this tutorial, we’ll help you to update your LG Stylo 2 Plus to latest Android 8.1 Oreo vai Lineage OS custom firmware. This custom ROM is one of most the popular one that offers many new features, great stability, and performance. If you’ve been looking for the best custom ROM for your phone, then the Lineage OS would be the ideal one to choose.
This custom firmware is based on the latest Android software with tons improvements and tweaks. It has been tweaked so well that it performs well. Moreover, it offers exceptionally good customization features to personalize the phone beautifully. Since LG doesn’t support LG Stylo 2 Plus officially, you might want to explore other methods to update your phone. Basically, the custom ROMs are built using the pure Android software builds and ported so well that they work with our smartphones. In compared to stock firmware, the custom ROMs are found to be leading in many aspects. With Lineage OS custom firmware on your LG Stylo 2 Plus, you can expect better performance, and stability.
While you update your phone with such custom ROMs, you also get access to many powerful applications. Those you won’t find on stock ROM or at Google Play store. And there are many other advantages of having a custom ROM. However, this is an unofficial way of getting the device updated. This build is an unofficial build. So, installing it would void the warranty on your phone (if remains). Therefore, you must be sure about your actions. Also, such actions include risks.
So before you get into real action, backup all the important stuff stored on your phone. In that way, you set yourself free to install this Lineage OS ROM on LG Stylo 2 Plus and it to the Android 8.1 Oreo software. In respect, we detail each and every step required to install this ROM. To flash this ROM on your phone, you must follow the below steps exactly as we mention in this tutorial. Also, there are some prerequisites that you must read and prepare your device accordingly. That ensures that the ROM gets installed properly on the phone and it doesn’t cause bugs. Read all the prerequisites mentioned below and prepare the device accordingly.
- The available Lineage OS ROM is an unofficial build. So, you might experience while using it. So, be completely sure about the decision.
- This Lineage OS ROM works on LG Stylo 2 Plus. You shouldn’t install this ROM on any other smartphone. That could break the handset. To check the device model number, tap on Settings->About Phone->Model Number.
- In order to flash this custom ROM .zip package, you must have a custom recovery installed on your phone. We recommend using the TWRP recovery to flash this custom ROM. You can Google it for more information and install the TWRP recovery on Stylo 2 smartphone.
- This process goes through wiping out the internal memory completely. Therefore, it is highly suggested to backup everything before stepping ahead.
- Charge your phone to a good extent. Anything above 50% is suitable for this process.
These are the essential things that you must prepare. Now, we are ready to further and having this custom ROM installed on this smartphone. Or you can say, in this way we can update the LG Stylo 2 Plus to the latest Android Oreo operating system.
Update LG Stylo 2 Plus to Android 8.1 Oreo via Lineage OS 15.1
The process is very easy to understand and apply. Just follow the below instructions sequentially to flash this custom ROM on your phone.
- Download the Lineage OS 15.1 build for LG Stylo 2 Plus from →here. Once you download this file, transfer it to your phone. Remember the name and location of the phone.
- Turn OFF your phone using the Power button present at the back.
- Once it is turned OFF completely, boot into the recovery mode — press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously till LG logo appears on the screen. Release them once you see the LG Logo.
- Then, again press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons while the logo appears on the screen. Soon you’ll enter into the recovery mode.
- Under the recovery option – tap on Install button and locate the Downloaded firmware .zip file. Follow the onscreen instructions to flash this custom firmware.
- The flashing process may take several minutes to complete. Be patient while it happens.
- Once the flashing process is completed, perform the following actions:
- wipe data factory reset
- wipe cache partition
- and wipe Dalvik cache under the Advanced option.
- Once you have performed all of the above actions, tap on Reboot.
That is all you have to do. Now, your phone will reboot and take you to the new home-screen soon. There, enter your Google account information to get started.
This ROM includes only important applications within the package. After you install this ROM, you must install other required applications from Google Play Store. Now, enjoy the goodness of Android 8.1 Oreo operating system on your phone.
That ends our tutorial on how to update the LG Stylo 2 Plus smartphone to latest Android 8.1 Oreo using the Lineage OS 15.1 custom firmware. If you stuck anywhere in this process, make sure to comment below. We would try our best to help you out.