Nowadays, our smartphones are capable enough to keep us away from using computers for most of the tasks. We can carry out almost all the things we used to do on our laptops. Whether you’re hard on a pocket or have plenty, there is something that you could get. For those who seek budget-friendly smartphones with top-notch hardware specs and performance, we gather some of the best smartphones under $400 that offer high performance and are low on a budget in this list.
This roundup should bring you some best mobile phone deals that you could consider while making the correct choice for yourself. This aggregation is based on different aspects like hardware specification, Android OS version, latest features, performance and battery life. Of course, it’s necessary to have good enough RAM size and a huge battery, should you want to choose to play games at online casinos, these games usually require access to internet whole time while playing them and that drains battery life quickly.
To render this online casino or graphically dense games like strategies and RPGs, the phone must have a good amount of RAM, and processing power to provide a smooth gameplay experience. So, in this roundup, we have considered those smartphone having a durable battery life and solid performance. So users could play online and offline games easily.
The mobile market has seen a bounteous growth among affordable-mid range smartphones companies. Like Xiaomi, Honor, etc., has made possible for users to bargain with high-end smartphones under affordable budgets. With the return of Nokia (with Android), there is no telling how competition has become stiff. Of course, the $400 segment acquires tons of options from different brands with different features, specs, unique advantages and of course some cons.
We have thoroughly researched this budget section and gather these five Android smartphones. These smartphones offer the best value for money, performance, and get some high-end features and specification. This list is just our findings. There are chances that you might not like them. If you have better ones, do let us know through the comment section present at the end of this post.
We would love to hear from you and improve this list. If you’re unsure how good your phone, you can benchmark your phone and then compare with this list of phones to see where you rank. You can easily purchase these smartphones from Amazon directly. We have added the direct links to those, so you can get’em right away. Without doing further ado, let us go through this list of best performance smartphones under $400 budget segment.
Top 5 Smartphones under $400 with high performance
1. Huawei P20 Lite
Being a descendant of Huawei P20, this smartphone packs powerful hardware specs with modern looks. It is one of the most beautiful smartphones available under this budget range. For around $300, you get a power packed smartphone with the premium looks and feels. The back of the phone is made of glass and the body has an aluminum frame for rigidity.
Out of the box, this smartphone runs the Android Oreo operating system and obliviously would receive further updates. It loads a high dual camera 16 MP (f/2.2, 1.0 µm) + 2 MP setup at the back and 16 MP camera at the front. Here’s a quick specification of this smartphone.
- Display: 5.84” inch, LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours, 1080 x 2280 pixels,
- OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 659
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.36 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery
- Camera: Dual: 16 MP (f/2.2, 1.0 µm) + 2 MP, phase detection autofocus, LED flash, 16MP (f/2.0, 1.12 µm), 1080p Secondary Camera.
- Memory: 64GB + 4GB.
2. Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
This smartphone is the key player among these smartphones. With bezel-less body (no notch), the display view is simply amazing and this mobile look fabulous. The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 embraces Snapdragon 835 Qualcomm Octa-core processor and backed with 6 GB RAM, good enough to provide blastic performance all day long. Surprisingly, you get Non-removable Li-Ion 3400 mAh battery able to run this smartphone whole day even with heavy usage.
We can say that the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 is one of the affordable smartphone powered with Snapdragon 835 Qualcomm processor. That means you could expect great performance, battery life, and of course have your hands on multitasking with 6 GB RAM.
- Display: 15.2cm (5.99) large display, 18:9 aspect ratio,
- Chipset: Snapdragon 835 Qualcomm processor,
- Memory: 64GB, 6GB RAM
- Camera: 12MP rear camera, 5MP front camera
- Non-removable Li-Po 3400 mAh battery
3. Nokia 8 64GB
With its return, Nokia brought different Android-based smartphones ranging from low to mid-range budget segments. Nokia 8 is one of the most popular smartphones of this brand. This smartphone packs on Snapdragon 835 Qualcomm processor, which is common among flagship devices. The body is made of 6000 aluminum material with a glossy polish over it. That gives it a premium like feels and looks.
Most importantly, Nokia 8 comes with a near-stock Android software, that means you get pure Android experience with some touch ups with the camera application. Under this budget, you can purchase its 64GB variant with 4 GB RAM.
- Display: 5.3 inches, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 1440 x 2560 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- OS: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) and Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Chipset: Snapdragon 835 SoC
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.5 GHz Kryo & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo), Adreno 540
- Non-removable Li-Po 3090mAh battery
- Camera: Dual 13MP Camera, 13MP Secondary Camera
- Memory: 64GB + 4GB.
4. Honor Play
The overall looks are similar to iPhone, X, and most importantly, it perfectly fits the hand while using it. This smartphone features a 6.3-inch full display with minimal bezels. Out of this smartphone surpassing all other smartphones available under this price tag. It packs a 3750mAH battery that is enough for extensive usage throughout the whole day.
More precisely, this smartphone has been built for gamers. It comes with an inbuilt vibration feature that provides 4D gaming experience and elevates gaming experience onto the next level. On the top, it has GPU Turbo technology for better graphics performance. We could say that this smartphone is a perfect blend of performance and alluring looks.
- Display: 6.3 inches, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 1080 x 2340 pixels,
- Memory: 64GB Storage, 4GB RAM, Up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) microSD Card Slot
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Chipset: Hisilicon Kirin 970, Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53), Mali-G72 MP12
- Camera: Dual 16, f/2.2, PDAF, 2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor, LED flash, HDR, panorama, 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, Front Camera 16 MP, f/2.0, 2.0µm, 1080p@30fps
5. BLU VIVO XI+
Just like the Honor Play, the BLU VIVO XI+ features bezel-less front 6.2″ front display screen that gives you a full view. This smartphone is one of those smartphone having 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB internal memory. It features AI-powered with Mediatek 12nm P60 chipset that is solely focused to provide better photography experience. Whether you’re shooting selfies or portraits, the AI technology would enhance your photographs intelligently.
Most importantly, this smartphone is set to receive the Android 9 Pie update that could make things even better. This AI chip serves face unlock option too. Surprisingly, this smartphone is compatible with any Qi Wireless charging pad. There is a lot you can expect this smartphone power-packed smartphone.
- Display: 6.2” Full HD+ All Screen Design with Gorilla Glass 3 Curved Glass Display
- Camera: Dual A.I. Camera’s 16 MP + 5MP with flash, and Front Camera: 16MP Super Selfie
- Memory: 128GB Internal Memory, 6GB RAM, Micro SD up to 128GB
- Chipset 2.0GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P60 with A.I. Technology Processor
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo upgradable to Android 9.0 Pie
So, here this list comes to an end. We hope that our readers would find this list helpful. Don’t forget to share your thoughts and comments below. Share your favorite smartphone under this budget segment. We would love to improve our list.