SEO Automation: 10 Best Tools To Optimise SEO Efficiency
SEO is an essential strategy for any online marketing plan, it is common knowledge that a good web positioning brings benefits to the brand. But maintaining a good SEO strategy is a process that requires time and resources, so not everyone has the availability to do it manually. That’s why we look for the best way to optimise SEO implementation.
SEO Automation will help you achieve your goals faster by taking care of the heavy lifting by automating the manual tasks. By being able to use the best SEO Automation tools, you can analyse your strategies, rank the most successful words in search engines, and achieve your goals faster.
What is SEO Automation and what does it cover?
SEO automation is nothing more than the process of taking repetitive and simple tasks and automating them.
SEO automation can encompass different aspects of the strategy, such as:
- SEO On Page. Tasks such as optimising the titles, meta descriptions and headings of different pages can be automated with tools based on artificial intelligence and deep learning that will help with these processes.
- Off Page SEO. Consists of creating good quality inbound links, to automate this task, you can use custom link review tools.
- Technical SEO. SEO automation is more developed. The best SEO Automation tools offer multiple solutions related to this section.
- SEO strategy. In this section you can automate some of the tasks of traffic pattern analysis, A/B testing and future forecasts.
The evolution and trend of SEO Automation
SEO Automation has evolved over time and 3 different generations can be identified.
- The first is based on collecting and aggregating data, and reporting, which is essential to know what is happening with the web.
- In the second generation, the data collected is used to reach different conclusions. Through the use of machine learning and artificial intelligence, problems can be identified and opportunities for improvement can be identified.
- The third generation, which we are currently in, is based on execution at scale.
The time between collecting data and achieving results is accelerated, by automating state-of-the-art SEO, conclusions can be implemented from the data obtained in near real-time, on-demand and at scale.
With this, the whole process is accelerated as you don’t have to wait for weeks or months to start with updates and you can work with continuous improvements in real-time.
SEO elements that can be automated
It is even strategic to define which processes should be automated. Also, it is important to remember that this does not replace the analysis and activity, it simply streamlines different activities that are performed in the process.
These are some of the most common elements or processes that should be automated for the management of one or several pages, as they will help to optimise the implementation of SEO.
1. Backlink analysis
Automating SEO backlink analysis can make backlink analysis a simpler job. You can find out who is linking to your site, and you can find out who is linking to your site from untrusted sites. With automation, you can create a qualified network and optimise your SEO strategy.
2. Ranking analysis
The best SEO tools for SEO automation allow you to more easily visualise how each page ranks in search engines and see how it performs over time. This makes it easier to identify which actions are working and which are not.
3. Website Monitoring
Automating the monitoring of a site will allow you to pay attention to all the pages you work with, without the need to run manual tests. If at any time one of the SEO automation tools detects something that is not correct, it will notify you immediately so that it can be fixed.
4. Competitor tracking
Using the tools on competitors’ websites will be very useful, this way, you can detect their strategies and which ones are more functional. The ideal is to concentrate on creating quality, relevant content that adds value to users, as not all of them use the same strategies.
The best SEO Automation tools
There are many SEO tools to choose from, but having your objectives in mind will allow you to choose the one that best suits your site’s needs, so here are some of the most cost-effective SEO automation tools.
This is one of the most comprehensive tools on the market. SEMrush is a multifaceted marketing company that offers SEO programs. Some of the most useful features are:
- SEO Techniques Audits: helps to stay updated on the technical aspects of web SEO and detect possible errors faster. SEMrush analyses each page to detect possible errors and is useful for creating new pages or updating existing ones.
- Keyword analysis and positioning: it will help with keyword positioning, it also offers a tool to automate this area, as a great additional feature, it sends positioning reports.
- Reporting: with SEMrush you will get several automated reports to keep up to date with what is happening with SEO.
- Brand mention monitoring: notifies you of online mentions of your brand, allowing you to track them and convert them into inbound links if necessary. An inbound link audit tool is also available.
- Backlink Analysis. This allows you to check your website and those of your competitors. This is valuable for search engines.
2. Google Search Console
Helps with the analysis of positioning according to the keyword that users use to find the page, in addition, it will show which generate the most traffic.
Google will automatically warn you if something is not working well, such as: broken links, missing tags, low value or inconsistent information.
When these errors are corrected, Google is notified to update the sitemap. You can start by using the URL inspection tool, which examines a specific page and gives details about it based on the latest web crawl, which can help you to optimise each page more efficiently.
It is very comprehensive but, it is not free. However, it is one of the platforms with the best SEO automation tools on the market. Some of the benefits provided by this system include:
- Site audit and analysis: it will indicate recurring errors on the site such as, broken links, missing tags and others.
- Competitor site explorer: knowing what your competitors are doing and what problems they may be having is an analysis that allows you to determine if your site can rank better for specific keywords. Based on this, a better SEO strategy can be developed.
- Keyword Explorer: this tool will show you which keywords are most frequently searched for in search engines that relate to your content.
- Content explorer: with this explorer they will see the best page material that ranks in their area, based on this, they could determine what they can do to produce similar content on their site.
- Positioning trackers: they will be able to see how each page ranks for each keyword and how these change over time.
4. Little Warden
It takes care of checking everything that happens on websites and sends automatic alerts to avoid any unpleasant surprises.
For example, it can notify if the domains of the sites or the security certificates are about to expire if there are changes in the meta descriptions or in the robots txt files, among others.
5. Screaming Frog
This is a very useful tool for performing SEO audits on websites and correcting different types of errors. Some of the checks that can be made are:
- Broken links or problems with internal links: in other words 404 errors, which tend to generate a bad experience for the user, therefore, Google penalizes the website, therefore, it is necessary to solve these problems as soon as possible.
- Duplicate content: you should mark the page you want Google to index with rel=canocial, this will avoid duplicate page problems.
- Pages with insufficient content: in order for a page to be positioned in any of the search engines, it is necessary for it to have a sufficient number of words.
- Problems with the sitemap: it is necessary for the content to be updated, as sitemaps allow Google to find and crawl the content of the website.
- Images without alternative texts: the ALT attribute is essential for Google to be able to identify each of the images and to be able to improve access to the site.
6. SEO Spider Tool
This is a free SEO automation tool that works similar to a Google web crawler. With this tool, you can analyse any of the pages of the site and it will offer detailed data on what works and what doesn’t work.
It allows access to the free use of up to 500 pages, which can be analysed with Spider:
Broken links: with this tool you can export a list so that it is easier to get the correct URLs.
Sitemap generation: it allows you to generate the sitemap if you need it for Google.
Integration with analytical tools: works hand in hand with Google Analytics, Page Speed Insights and others. This integration guarantees, working in a more efficient way to correct any errors.
Metadata analysis: sends a notification when a tag is too long or too short, and if essential keywords are missing. Reports will include specific details of meta tags, which may seem overwhelming at first.
Using machine learning to provide valuable information, although SentiOne is not really an SEO tool, it can help with optimisation indirectly. A site’s traffic is an indicator of whether or not they are relevant to a keyword, so the higher the traffic, the higher they will rank in the SERP.
This traffic can be generated through social media platforms, SentiOne monitors social media and will notify every time a user mentions the brand. For SEO, it is convenient to share posts or links, this way users will be able to visit your websites directly.
This is a marketing tool for social media, but one that you can leverage for tangible SEO benefits.
And because it uses artificial intelligence, it will easily adapt and learn on the fly, making it an efficient and productive tool.
8. Answer the Public
This is a free tool that shows you searches and keywords related to your search intent. With this process, you can start in your industry and drill down to specific topics.
The Answer The Public tool divides your query into:
- Questions: What are people asking about the product, brand or industry?
- Prepositions: How do users narrow their search to more refined products or services? For example, if they are searching for “baby toys”, the preposition to use might be “electronic baby toys”.
- Comparisons: How does this keyword relate to the rest, are they connected?
- Alphabetical: Each search query is broken down alphabetically so they can see what users are searching for most.
- Related: How is your keyword grouped with other searches?
All of this data will help them get into the mindset of the audience, which will ensure they can optimise for the right keywords and phrases.
9. SE Ranking
Like SEMrush and Ahrefs, this tool is also very complete, as you can use several automations, among which we can mention:
- Positioning tracking: this is the main function of this tool and allows you to obtain very specific data on local searches.
- Competitive research: this allows you to know which keywords rank better than competitors and pay-per-click ads.
- Website audit: shows any problems that may lower your ranking.
- Backlink Monitoring: this allows you to check links from your websites and your competitors, plus receive notifications of changes on the spot.
- On-page checker: this allows you to see how optimised your pages are for a specific keyword.
- Marketing Plan: organises the strategies you have into a coherent plan.
- Keyword Research: This tool analyses thousands of keywords to determine the most valuable keywords for your business.
This tool also uses machine learning to help with optimising SEO strategies. In addition to analysing the website, it creates an action plan for capitalising on tactics that work.
It is able to integrate with most marketing platforms and provides excellent opportunities to get more out of each campaign. In addition, it offers many automation tools such as auditing, backlink monitoring, among others.
After knowing how to optimise SEO implementation with the different SEO Automation tools, it is expected to improve the presence in the digital world.
These tools can be the solution for brands to maximise their reach, facilitate community building, improve production and open a new door to customers or clients.
Establishing the best SEO Automation tool will depend on each user’s needs, their business and the digital marketing strategies they apply.