The steps to follow to download Skype vary slightly depending on the device and operating system on which you want to use the tool. In this text, you will find a guide for downloading this Skype application on your PC, as well as on your mobile device, whether you use Android or iOS. Once downloaded, the installation process is very simple and intuitive.
On the other hand, you will also learn how to download Skype on your Xbox and how to set it up on Alexa. In this way, you will learn all the best options for using this free application. If you want to learn how to download Skype on any device compatible with this application, continue reading this post.
Download Skype on your PC
To download Skype on your Windows, Mac OS X or Linux computer, the first thing you need to do is go to the official website. Follow this link to go directly to the application’s download site and follow the steps below:
- Once on the page, make sure you go to the “Desktop” tab.
- You will see a blue button with the default text “Get Skype for Windows”. You will need to click on the arrow on the side to display the different download buttons.
- Finally, select the option you need according to your Operating System.
- Once you have completed these steps, you will be directed to a page where you will be welcomed to Skype and the download should start automatically. In this same location, you will find a link to “Try again” if it does not start automatically.
- You will get an.exe file (in case of Windows) and just run it to start the installation process. Once installed, you will be able to sign in to use Skype on your PC quickly and easily.
In the same way, you can download Skype on Windows from the Windows application shop. To do this, you can use the following button:
Download Skype on Android
To download Skype on Android, you must enter the Play Store, following this link to go directly to the download site. After installing the application, follow this guide to start using it:
- When you launch Skype you will be able to sign in or create a new account. Enter the appropriate details and grant the necessary permissions.
- On the main screen you will find the “Synchronise Contacts” button, if you have not already done so, click on this option.
- Click on the pencil icon to start a new chat or call.
- You will see all the options available to communicate with Skype, just click on the one you prefer to start your call or chat.
- After choosing your preferred method of calling or chatting, you will need to share the invitation with the contacts you want to join the conversation.
These are the basic steps to use Skype on your Android device. You should know that you can also search directly through your contacts and initiate a call.
Using an .APK file
If you don’t have access to the app shop or for some reason, you can’t download Skype from the Google Play Store, you can use an .APK file to install the app on your mobile. To do this you can go to the following link (https://m.apkpure.com//skype-free-im-video-calls/com.skype.raider) and download Android on your mobile.
Once the download is complete, you must find the file on your mobile and run it. But first, you must activate the Unknown Origins to have access to install applications with this type of files. To do this, you must follow the following route: Settings > Lock screen and security > Unknown sources.
Note: Some steps in this route may vary slightly depending on the version of Android you use and the brand of your device.
Download Skype on iOS
If you are using an iPhone or iPad, the procedure will be very similar to if you are using an Android device. You can download Skype for iOS from the official shop of this Operating System, to do so you can simply follow this link.
Once installed, open the application and you will have the option to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
After entering the corresponding data, you will have to grant the necessary permissions for use on the device, such as access to the camera and microphone.
Once you have done this, just press on the pencil icon and you will find the buttons to start a new group or private chat, a call or a meeting.
After choosing the option you need, you basically just need to share an invitation with your contacts so they can join the conversation.
You will be able to perform these actions with the friends and family of your choice regardless of whether they have the app installed or not
Skype is present not only on computers or mobile devices, you can also use Skype on your Xbox One or Xbox 360 video game console. As well as with the Alexa voice assistant, you can make calls while cleaning the house or cooking dinner without any hassle.
To download Skype on Xbox, simply open the start menu, go to “Apps” and select the Skype icon to start downloading and installing this communication tool. You can use it in silent mode, so it won’t interrupt your games, or log out and log in only when you want to use it.
On the other hand, you have the option to configure Skype on Alexa, to make calls to your family and friends with Amazon Echo speakers. To do this, you’ll need to use the Alexa app on your Android or iOS device, go to “Settings >Communication >Skype” and enter your Skype login details, which will allow you to link your accounts.
Here’s everything you need to know to download Skype across multiple platforms. Thanks to the versatility of this app, you can make free, long-distance calls whenever and however you want. Whether you have some free time in the kitchen or you’re taking advantage of your free time to chat with friends, this tool is an excellent choice.