NFT games are dominating the internet, which is why this new prototype called Chumbi Valley was born, although it is still in test mode, it promises to be one of the most striking play-to-earn games.
The launch of NFT games has seen a considerable increase in the last two years, but few titles contain the necessary elements to succeed in such a competitive industry. However, some crypto games in development, such as Chumbi Valley, are aiming to dethrone popular blockchain games such as Axie Infinity or Plant vs Undead, because they combine all the features that have made them a favourite among gamers.
Blockchain-based video games have been around since the beginning of last year, but it was during 2021 that they reached their peak, thanks to the possibility of making money by playing and the profitability of the token and NFT market. Each new title that emerges is one where the successes of its predecessors converge, and this is the formula used by developers looking to create games that stand out and remain stable. This is the mechanic that the developers of the Chumbi Valley NFT game have used, because it combines the best qualities of some of the most famous and stable franchises of the last decades, with features of some blockchain games.
Currently, Chumbi Valley is in phase 1 of the project, but it promises to become the next big thing in making money playing NFT games. Although there is still a long way to go before its launch in 2022, we can already know more about this title; so learn about its theme, how the pre-sale process of the Chumbi Valley token will be and other features that will surely make you want to invest in this interesting game.
Chumbi Valley NFT Game: What is it?
It is a role-playing crypto game in development, built on Polygon’s blockchain and combining popular game systems such as The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon and Stardew Valley, as well as Studio Ghibli’s aesthetics. But, the main feature we can highlight, is that all creatures and items in the game will be Non Fungible Tokens (NFT), having this similarity with Axie Infinity.
The game focuses on small creatures called Chumbis, which inhabit a valley reminiscent of the lands of Hyrule (the realm where most of the games in The Legend of Zelda franchise take place), hence the title of the game. The Chumbis have a strong spiritual connection with the forest, which provides them with different abilities and spells to protect it according to their morphology, which is why the main activities to be performed in the game will be related to nature. According to a statement from the developers, the first levels of the game will be free; so any user will have the possibility to try it to determine if they like the general mechanics of the title enough to invest in it.
On the other hand, in Chumbi Valley it will be possible to obtain in-game assets in the form of NFT and CHMB, the latter being its own native token. These can be earned by performing various in-game activities such as: battling other players, battling wild creatures, exploring randomly spawned terrains, cultivating gardens that generate items, raising Chumbis to increase their level, farming for more money and much more. The aim of the game is to offer a simple and entertaining gameplay system so that users will feel comfortable on the platform and keep coming back, which is why the project will feature updates based on community feedback.
Additionally, the developers have announced that the real lead will be available for pre-sales or on the platform’s marketplace once the title is live. They will also realise Chumbi spawn mechanics so that the population will grow and users will form teams of creatures; which they can eventually rent out to other players. In this way, the development team is expressing its desire to encourage the creation of a scholarship programme for Chumbi Valley.
Chumbi: What are they?
Chumbis are small elemental creatures with a strong spiritual connection to nature. At first glance, they bear a resemblance to Axie Infinity’s Axies, as they can be bred to combine characteristics of other creatures, bred, levelled up and traded, and possess basic abilities and special attacks according to the species to which they belong.
In general, each Chumbi is divided into three sections: main type, body parts and fur type, with 10 variations of the latter.
The main type will determine the breeding mode and combat abilities the creature will possess, with 15 different attributes available, including Flame, River and Flower. Unlike Axie Infinity, where body parts directly affect the Axies’ abilities, in Chumbi Valley they provide passive benefits and are divided into type, fur, pattern, ears, eyes, horns and mouth. At the same time, the characteristics can be mixed, such as a Flame-type Chumbi with River-type fur. Due to the extensive number of possible combinations between main type, coat type and body parts, it is estimated that the number of Chumbis with unique characteristics is almost infinite.
On the other hand, when a Chumbi is born it receives a number of skills that it can use during battles: 1 skill related to its genetics, 2 spells or effect moves and 2 attack moves. The latter are derived according to the main type and the type of fur the creature possesses, so it is essential to keep these characteristics in mind when planning strategies or forming battle teams. At the same time, when breeding Chumbis, it is possible to create mixtures of a wide variety of specimens, especially when crossing compatible types, as this will increase the chances of obtaining a higher level creature.
As for the development of Chumbis, they will be able to level up as they gain experience points, which are mostly gained by being victorious in battles against other players or wild creatures. Also, each time a Chumbi increases its level by 5 points, it will be able to eat a Candied Apple to advance to the next level. Candied Apples are a mixture made from Apples + a Lucky Stars (LSTS), a method very reminiscent of the one used in Pokémon Go where we can evolve or increase the powers of our pokémon from Stardust and Candy. Similarly, the development of a Chumbi is achieved by performing the following activities:
- Battles: Battles against cursed Chumbis, wild Chumbis and other players will provide them with experience points with which they will increase the level of their creatures. With a higher level, a Chumbi will be able to defeat more powerful opponents and earn more money.
- Chumbi Sage: Chumbis can learn new spells by paying a visit to the Chumbi Sage. With these, they can earn valuable tokenised digital assets, even while the player is offline.
- Food: Each Chumbi has a favourite food, so feeding them this will increase their happiness level. A higher happiness level will be reflected in a higher rate of return (APY), which will directly influence the Donation Sanctuary.
Chumbi Valley game: How does it work?
Chumbi Valley is currently in phase 1 of its roadmap, where we can learn about different aspects of the game, such as what makes it special, how it will work in terms of gameplay and how it will be possible to earn money by playing. The developers have created several game modes, the main one being the cultivation of the valley and the breeding of Chumbis. In fact, players will start in the forest, where they will be assigned the first creature with which they can breed and raise other Chumbis, which they will then use to have battles against other players, roam the lands and collect resources that can be melted down to create usable and marketable NFT items.
Similarly, Chumbi Valley has a roguelike mode, which is a sub-category of gameplay characterised by dungeon adventures. In it, players must enter through a portal that teleports them to randomly generated territories, where they will find rare items and wild creatures to battle; this system is very similar to the one used in the Pokémon franchise titles.
At the same time, the title also incorporates Stardew Valley’s most notable feature, as users will be able to manage a farm using seeds to grow crops and then sell or consume the harvest. Unlike other video games with similar elements, such as Plant vs Undead, regular watering will not be necessary, as the plants will grow automatically over time. Additionally, within the valley, you will find the Chumbi Village, where you can meet other gamers, participate in events, accept quests, buy items or sell them.
Chumbis: The first NFTs in the game
In addition to having unique features and abilities, each Chumbi is minted as a Non-Fungible Token on Polygon’s blockchain; meaning that only one version of the same creature exists and that the actual ownership of the digital asset will be in the player’s position. As the owner, the gamer will be free to dispose of their Chumbis as they see fit; selling them on the platform’s Marketplace, trading them for in-game items or replaying them to create valuable combinations.
At the same time, the developers are working on stable currency savings account for Chumbis to receive gifts in a section called Donation Sanctuary, so that players can use this tool as a reliable wallet.
How to get your first Chumbi?
According to the development team’s litepaper, each new user will receive a Chumbi Ancestor completely free of charge, so they can enjoy the first stage of the game without any investment. This creature will help them perform basic tasks so that they understand how the platform works, but it cannot be sold or traded. In other words, the site provides players with a free-to-play section of the game, but with the limit of not being able to earn income from the initial Chumbi or the need to invest in order to advance on the platform.
On the other hand, real Chumbis will be available for purchase once the marketplace is up and running, although it is currently possible to obtain the first Chumbis at pre-sales or play events. Once you have made your first investment to buy a real Chumbi, you will have to help it level up and keep it happy, so that it can acquire higher skills, increase its strength and get a higher APY. While there is not much information available yet about Chumbi breeding, we know that combining certain attributes will result in higher evolution and that there are four levels of development available, with the highest being the “empty type”.
Also, the creatures will have responsibilities, various types of offensive attacks and defensive abilities for the various types of combat they may face. In the various terrains within the valley, you will encounter Cursed Chumbis (NPCs) and other players (PvP), against whom you can battle to level up your creatures and earn rewards. As in Pokémon and other similar titles, battles will allow them to learn new skills and level up elemental protection spells, some of which can provide resources while the player is offline. In addition, knowing the strengths and weaknesses of each of Chumbi’s main types will help players better plan their attack strategies to maximise their damage output and increase their chances of winning.
Making money playing Chumbi Valley
Overall, Chumbi Valley offers an extremely complete gaming experience, with gamers having a number of fun and money-making activities available to them, moving away from low-end games altogether and aiming to be bigger than Axie Infinity. As such, the developers have stated that users will be able to earn money with Chumbi Valley by performing the following actions:
- Exploring lands: By exploring the randomly generated lands, they will not only learn about the various biomes that make up the valley, but they will also find cursed Chumbis that they can battle to earn tokens and find NFTs that they can later sell or trade-in the Marketplace. The game’s ecosystem is designed to have daily, weather and seasonal cycle changes, ensuring that exploration remains exciting.
- Housing system: With the resources collected in the various landscapes, you will be able to craft various usable items within the platform, which will also be automatically minted as NFT. On a piece of land, you will be able to build a home, clear brush, cultivate and harvest to create more digital assets, which can then be quickly sold on the market.
- Farming: In explorations, you will find rare seeds that you can collect to grow wild plants, which must be watered regularly to grow and provide you with gifts. These crops are tokenised digital assets on Polygon’s blockchain, so the harvests will be NFT. In fact, combining certain fruits with Lucky Stars will create your Chumbis’ favourite food, which will increase their happiness level and rate of return.
- Offline activities: Chumbis can learn spells from the Chumbi Ancestor, with which they can create tokenised resources, even while the player is offline. Some of the activities they can learn are: watering crops to make them grow properly, fishing, chopping firewood, collecting stones, among others.
- Tokenised land: As in Axie Infinity, in Chumbi Valley you will be able to acquire NFT minted valley land, on which it will be possible to have other players as workers. These sections of land will be tokenised, so all their fruits or generated elements will be NFT in the Polygon network and will be under the player’s ownership. They will also be spaces where you can build houses for your Chumbis, have conversations with other users, show off your rare item collections, trade NFTs and more.
- Events and Raids: Players who own land within the Chumbi Valley ecosystem will have access to special events held on the platform, such as raids against cursed giant Chumbis or capturing wild Chumbis. All of these events will grant good amounts of tokens as rewards; in addition to providing a lot of experience.
- Chumbi breeding: Breeding, raising and selling Chumbis can be a very lucrative business, as it will allow users to profit from trading creatures with special qualities. A breeder can combine main types and powerful fur types to create high-value Chumbis, selling them for tokens on the platform’s Marketplace or specialised sites such as OpenSea. As digital assets, the transfer of ownership can be done quickly, so this could be an excellent way to make money in Chumbi Valley.
- Scholarship system: The platform offers Chumbi owners the possibility of lending their creatures to other players, so that they can have battles or farm, automatically distributing the percentage of the profits agreed by both parties. With this alternative, owners will have an excellent option to obtain passive income, while scholarship players will be able to earn money without the need to invest. With these actions, the aim is to foster the growth of the ecosystem.
It is important to note that all of the above activities can generate income actively or passively. Likewise, acquiring more creatures will always be beneficial, as a team will be more likely to win battles, generate more NFT from harvests, find more tokenised items and sell more products.
Chumbi Valley token: How much is the currency worth?
The game economy is based on two native tokens: the CHMB (Chumbi Token) and the LSTS (Lucky Stars), both of which are standard ERC-20 tokens. The CHMB is the main currency of the platform, as users will need them to acquire new creatures, buy tokenised land, pay farming fees, buy in-game items or trade on the market. At the same time, this token will serve as a means of governance on the platform and will be the type of currency that players receive when they win battles.
In the same vein, the LSTS token is designed to boost the economy of the ecosystem and enhance the features that make it a play-to-earn, so it has more specific uses such as: cancelling fees to play Chumbis, teaching spells, levelling up or creating special food to make Chumbis happy. As such, the LSTS token is expected to be an extremely valuable asset in high demand, as it is the key to creating new Chumbis and upgrading them. Users will be able to earn LSTS by fighting Wild Chumbis, Cursed Chumbis, other players in player-vs-player battles or by exploring the various biomes available in the valley.
For its part, the value of the CHMB token will be deeply tied to the success of the project and the game’s own ecosystem, meaning that the token will be deflationary to incentivise players and investors to loot the currency, to generate healthy and natural growth in its value. According to its developers, this will be made possible by the following approaches:
CHMB will be the main currency of the game: Users will need to have CHMB available to buy new Chumbis, pay Donation Sanctuary fees, spawn fees, tokenised land, items sold by roaming merchants, buy from the Marketplace and more. At the same time, 2% of all coins invested will be burned so that the CHMB token has a natural deflation as the platform ecosystem grows.
The CHMB allows for staking: Each owner will be assigned a “staking score” based on the number of tokens they own and how long they have kept them locked. Locking the CHMB token will entitle holders to receive rewards according to treasury yields, stake yields and the distribution of NFT cryptocurrencies from the Airdrop according to the staking score.
The CHMB is a governance token: CHMB token owners will have the right to participate in local votes on the governance of the platform; thus they will be able to give a voice to the future of Chumbi Valley.
The Chumbi Valley ecosystem is designed to operate as a play-to-earn, meaning that it is possible to earn money by acquiring and selling tokens or NFTs. All in-game digital assets (Chumbis, land, crops, in-game items, cosmetics, resources, among others) can be traded, on or off the platform, using the local Marketplace, marketplaces such as OpenSea or exchanges endorsed by Chumbi Valley.
The Chumbi Valley game not only promises to become one of the most popular NFT games but also wants to diversify from its peers by being the first to launch a fully gamified stablecoin savings account with a high rate of return. This will be subject to the level of happiness of the Chumbis, who will be able to unlock from 5% to 30% interest on stablecoin savings. In other words, in addition to earning money by playing, gamers will be able to save within the platform without fear that their Chumbi Valley tokens will lose value due to possible market fluctuations, this innovative system developed by the Chumbi Valley team is called play-to-save.
All these elements make Chumbi Valley NFT game one of the most anticipated blockchain video games of 2022; the beta version of which is expected to be launched when it reaches phase 3 of the project.