If you have files hosted on your MEGA or Mega.nz cloud and you wish to view, download, modify or upload new files, you must log in to your account to do so. On the other hand, if you have a premium account at Mega, you must also log in to it in order to enjoy the benefits for which you are currently paying.
The Mega file storage service has an innovative website (https://mega.nz/ or https://mega.io/) that allows you to access your encrypted files in the cloud by simply entering your login details. If you haven’t already done so, you can create a Mega account for free from the website.
To log in to Mega you don’t need to limit yourself to the web platform accessible from the browser as the service is present on various platforms such as mobile apps for Android and iOS, browser plug-ins, and programs for synchronizing files on your computer such as MegaSync.
Logging in from the web
From the web, the login process is extremely simple and you only need your login details: email and password.
- Go to the Mega login page or go to www.mega.nz and click on the “Sign in” button. The service used to be known as www.mega.co.nz, however, the domain has since changed to mega.nz.
- Enter your login details: email and password.
- Uncheck the “Remember me” box if the device you will be logging in on is not yours.
- Press the “Sign in” button
If you have entered the correct data, you will be immediately redirected to the page from which you can manage your files.
Logging in from Android or iOS
Mega has an app for Android and iOS from which you can manage your files directly from your smartphone, synchronize your gallery or configure the availability of your files offline. It is available in the official app shops of each platform.
- Download the app for your device: Android or iOS.
- Press the “Sign in” button.
- Enter your login details such as email and password.
- Press the “Sign in” button again.
If you are logging in for the first time on your mobile phone, you will need to define some settings regarding synchronization before using the application.
- List of best uTorrent Alternatives to download movies and TV series
- Learn to remove Mega download limit
Log in from Megasync
Megasync is the Mega program that you can install on your computer, whether you have the Windows, Linux or macOS operating system. By installing this program you will be able to browse through the folders in your Mega cloud as if it were a normal folder on your hard drive.
- Go to https://mega.nz/sync.
- Click on the button corresponding to your operating system to start downloading the installer.
- Install the program on your computer.
- Access the program and log in with your normal access data.
On the other hand, Megasync is also a powerful download manager for files stored on Mega so you no longer have to worry about keeping your browser open while downloading files.
Mega has add-ons for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers. These add-ons allow you to manage your files and downloads directly from the browser, without having to download the code from the website every time you access Mega. This is an advantage because you will save bandwidth and it will be much faster to access Mega.
- Download the Mega add-on for your browser: Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Download it directly from the Mega browser add-on page.
- Install the add-on.
- Click on the Mega icon in the corner of your browser.
- Log in as you normally would on the Mega website.
Once logged in through the add-on installed in your browser you will be able to access Mega much faster as the interface will not have to be downloaded every time you request it.
Fix Problems logging in Mega Account
When it comes to logging in, there may be some problems that prevent you from doing so. Of course, the most common problem is that you have lost your password, but don’t worry! Most login problems can be solved.
- Can’t remember your password: If you get a warning that your password is incorrect when you try to log in, you may need to recover your account. If you can’t remember your password, the only way to recover your account is by using the encryption key you should have written down when you created your Mega account. Follow the steps on Mega’s recovery page: https://mega.nz/recovery.
- You don’t remember your email address: If you don’t remember your email address, you can still recover your account by logging in to https://mega.nz/recovery and clicking the “Start” button without entering your email address.
Logging in to MEGA requires entering sensitive personal data and on top of that the files stored in your account could be important. Bearing this in mind, it is recommended that you always follow some recommendations when logging in to Mega, in order to keep your account secure and prevent access to it by third parties.
Change your password regularly : it is necessary to keep your password updated for greater security. Choose a good combination of letters, numbers and even symbols to avoid theft of your account.
- If it’s not your device, log out after using the service: many users make the mistake of logging in on unknown devices and not logging out when finished, so their accounts are used by third parties.
- Uncheck “Remember Me” at Login: The “Remember Me” feature on the login screen for your computer is used to save your password after login. If it is not your device, uncheck this option.
- Install an antivirus or antimalware: there are malicious programs that record everything entered on the keyboard, which is why it is always advisable to have an antivirus or antimalware installed to always be protected.
- Do not share your password with strangers: if you share your password with people you do not know, they can change it and keep control of your account, even keeping the payment information in case you have a premium account.
By following these recommendations, you can rest assured that your Mega account will not be compromised.