In this day and age, a good reliable online presence is a must for any business. When creating a website one of the most recurring questions is related to the importance of good hosting service. If you are wondering what is Web hosting: in simple words, it is a third-party server where you store your data, content and service, so visitors can access it from any part of the world at any time.
As you dive into the web hosting world, you will encounter many web hosting service providers, however not all hosting are the same. Look for reviews and research at 28msec.com in your search for a reliable and a speedy web hosting provider. Below we have highlighted seven tips on how to find a reliable web hosting service with efficient speed.
Visit this website for the most reliable web hosting.
1. Storage/Disk Space and Bandwidth Flexibility
This is the first question; any new website owner asks. How much data can I store? Depending on the purpose of your website, you will need a smaller or larger storage space for your files. A smart tip here is to hire a provider that best meets your needs and is flexible according to your needs. The same applies to Bandwidth. Some hosts may offer “unlimited storage and unwanted bandwidth”. But when a hosting plan offers unlimited storage, there is no limit to the amount of space you can use for your website or email – but you will run into other limitations if your site becomes too big. Therefore, read the terms and conditions carefully before committing.
2. Responsive Customer Support
Suppose you run your website with all the up-to-date features, but still there is no guarantee that your website will run smoothly forever. That is where a responsive customer support call and assistance comes handy. A trained support agent has the knowledge and the skills set to handle any network or equipment issue you are facing.
Things to check for tech support:
- Are there agents on call?
- Is there 24-hour tech support?
- Do they have a support email address or live chat support?
- What’s their response time?
3. Add-on Domain and Email Facility
Once you have one site, you will have new ideas and new sites to explore. Now we know that it is difficult to host hosting for each site. So make sure your web host will let you host multiple domains for your new future ideas. Often, there is a limit on the number of domains that you can own with a single account hosting. However, even then make sure that the number of add-on domains provided by the hosting provider is enough and it meets your business requirements. The same applies to emails.
4. Optimum Uptime
The time your website is live, it is known as the uptime and vice versa is known as downtime. After spending all the time and the effort in setting your website your website must be live for visitors to attract traffic for conversion. A good reliable “HOST” will ensure at least 99.9% uptime with a quick response customer service as stated above, a perfect combination for a good website host.
5. Efficient Database and Control Panel
If you are running a website, the amount of data and content you accumulate will only keep on growing and such data can be used by analytics to analyze your website performance. Likewise, irrespective of whether your business is small or large, you are going to need database support to integrate a new application.
So, enquire about the kind of database management support that you will be comfortable with. For example, to install WordPress you need a MySQL database. Other common databases include Oracle, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server.
Another important factor for your website is a control panel. Most web hosts provide two to three control panels. Honestly, your choice of control panel might very well come down to the operating system your web server is using or opt for the one you are more comfortable with.
6. Security and Back-up
Your website needs to be secure. Features like up-to-date SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) for e-commerce, SSH (Secure Shell Host) end to end encryption and FTPS/SFTP (file transfer protocol) to upload and access files to your hosting account, are essential security features to check before opting into any hosting service.
Alongside these, you have to look into the firewall support provided that filters out external unwanted activities like spam, unwanted traffic, malware virus, and blocks malicious attempts to access your server. You should also look into their regular back up routine. Enquire before opting what backup options your host provides. You would want to back up both your site files and databases.
7. Optimize and Boost your Website Speed
The three big “S” SPEED, SECURITY AND SUBSTANCE are what define a good website and impact your SEO ranking. We have taken a look at features of a reliable web hosting which will automatically improve your website speed. However, there are certain steps you can take to boost your website performance speed.
- Optimum load time: Simply put load time is the duration between clicking the link and displaying the entire content from the web page on the requesting browser. Nearly half of all visitors expect web pages to load in under two seconds. Therefore, check with your web hosting service about the average loading time.
- Avoid low rating plug-ins: Poorly coded or designed plug-ins have the tendency to slow down your website function, consuming more space and remaining inactive. Instead, opt for caching plug-in (for WordPress) to ensure a fast response.
- Resizing graphics and contents: By reducing the graphic size without degrading the quality, using embed videos, and creating multiple pages instead of a long post can ensure some noticeable speed difference.
- Use CDN and keep updating: The Content Delivery Network (CDN) delivers your website content from the nearest server to your request. Keeping all these in mind you must keep your plug-ins and applications software up-to-date to enhance your security and speed performance.
We have taken a look at a few key features in a “HOST” to ensure a strong online presence. A good reliable host is like your foundation and your builder. The benefits of choosing a good host are immense. A well-structured, responsive and secure website has higher traffic and with the help of SEO tips, you can improve your SEO ranking even if you are a newbie.
The good news is that there is no shortage of web hosting options at a reasonable price range. However, depending on your requirement and experience you need to choose your web host. Read the agreement terms before committing and scan for reviews and testimony of existing and past customers.