With the growing importance of DATA, the role of digitization of information has become very prominent. Today companies have aggressively shifted from a manual procedure of recording and collecting data to a more Computerised method. The shift in the process has increased the organization’s overall efficiency, thus enhancing their overall productivity.
For asset management, CMMS software like sclera.com is a popular tool widely used across businesses in every industry. The CMMS platform comes with a host of benefits, and apart from maintaining assets, it has been termed one of the most cost-effective and time-saving software for businesses.
Undoubtedly, CMMS organizes the entire workflow of a company, streamlining the process so that valuable insights could be drawn from the data available.
Further, the CMMS enables organizations to utilize the idle time for adequate maintenance and reduce downtime.
Idle time is referred to the unproductive period during which the work is stopped temporarily, but the employees are still paid for the non-performing hours. The reason for the idle time could be due to periodic maintenance or during an audit. Sometimes unplanned idle time might also occur during natural disasters, accidents, or worker strikes.
How can CMMS control downtime and increase productivity?
Let’s look at some of the benefits of using a CMMS:
- CMMS helps create a routine schedule for the maintenance of every asset, increasing their efficiency and reducing downtime.
- A CMMS provides a balance between the cost spent on resources and maintenance. This is done to avoid backlogs.
- CMMS plays an essential role in inventory management; it automates the purchasing system so that only the required items are ordered. There is neither a shortage of material nor an overload of inventory, thus ensuring the inventory is optimally used applying the first-in-first-out policy.
- CMMS strengthens the auditing process of an organization. The CMMS records real-time data and information so that the audit is more productive, and based on the audit reports; companies can make realistic and fast decisions.
- CMMS facilitates organizations to work as per the necessary regulatory compliance. By automating and digitizing all the data, it decreases the paperwork and enables smart work.
- The CMMS work order system helps streamline work-orders as per their order date so that they are delivered on time.
Which Industries can benefit by using the CMMS?
The good news is that today practically every industry uses the CMMS. It is primarily used by the facility team, maintenance team, asset management teams, and the IT operations team. The lucrative features of the application make it so popular amongst every industry. Let’s look at the uses of CMMs in different sectors.
Machines are the backbone of every manufacturing unit, and CMMS helps in the smooth working of the manufacturing process. CMMS supports manufacturing processes by enhancing the lifeline of assets and ensuring preventive maintenance so that the maintenance cost is minimized, and downtime is eliminated.
An educational institute has several assets in the form of books, computers, sports equipment, laboratory material, classroom assets, and a lot more. All these assets need to be recorded and maintained correctly so that the students can use them effectively for their growth.
The CMMS creates preventive maintenance schedules so that every asset is preserved in its best form, and the need for replacements is avoided.
3. Amusement Parks
While we all view an amusement park from a fun perspective, we often miss out on the maintenance that these places require. Any small negligence in a ride can cause an accident and result in the loss of lives. Thus, asset maintenance is a crucial aspect of these places.
Therefore, CMMS is widely used by this industry to ensure that no misfit ride is operational; it also takes care of every asset by performing regular maintenance activity.
4. Hotel Industry
Even in the service industry, the CMMS is quite popular, where it notifies the maintenance team about every small detail about the assets. For instance, the end of the warranty period for a light bulb is notified, so that it is replaced before it stops working. In this way, the CMMS ensures that the hotel industry can provide the best service to their customers by taking care of the assets.
The Final Word:
These are just a few examples of how CMMS can benefit different sectors. CMMS is required in every industry, be it schools, hospitals, energy, government or travel. Every sector can increase the efficiency and lifespan of their assets with a CMMS system.