Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR 350-701)
Network Security Engineer – Who Are They
Network security engineers are the first line of defense of a company against potential security threats and unauthorized access from outside. Network security engineers are responsible for the provisioning, deployment, configuration, and administration of various components of the network and security-related hardware and software. These may include but are not limited to firewalls, routers, switches, various network-monitoring tools, and virtual private networks (VPNs). The network security engineers know how to mitigate any potential threats that become evident, as well as they are capable enough to strategize and prepare well before any security threat surface.
Network Security Engineer Career
With the growing use of the internet on conventional devices, a sharp rise in the usage of mobile devices, and IoT (Internet of Things), security threats are also on the rise at the same pace. With the threats, vulnerability, and the growing need for data security and privacy, the role of network security professionals is becoming more and more vital as well as demanding. During the last decade with the rise of smartphones and other mobile devices, the need for higher security has grown due to the sensitivity and privacy of personal and business data with the increased dependency on these devices.
The phenomenal growth in the cloud platform has created a lot of unseen security issues. All of these factors have made security (or CyberSecurity) to be one of the most in-demand skills. The worldwide requirement of security professionals has risen to 7 million lately, with an estimated shortfall of 1.5 million. Among numerous possible job roles in security, Security architect, security engineer, security manager, and security consultant are the few notable ones.
Typical Duties OF A Network Security Engineer
In the ever-growing and continuously changing cybersecurity threats scenario, a network security engineer has to fight on many fronts. Some of the major responsibilities of a Network Security Engineer are;
- Maintaining LAN, WLAN, and architecture of the server as per the business policy
- As a precautionary measure, analyze and implement new security protocols for greater efficiency against any threat or malfunctions
- Implement a virus detection system beforehand for sound safety.
- Resolving the existing security issue including hardware malfunctions
- Tracking the vulnerable scripts to avert the potential threats
- Generating and maintaining the virtual private network, firewalls, web protocols, and email security decorum.
- Reporting the security analysis of findings
- Maintaining the regulatory systems about ISMS policy (Information System Management Systems)
- Investigations of Security breach alert
- Developing the security authentication protocol
- Maintaining server and switches
- Maintaining & implementation the SOP for Network security
- Status reports of hardware and software products as per designated policies.
- Supervising the installation of new software’s and hardware’s
- Recommend modifications in legal, technical, and regulatory areas that affect IT security.
- Knowledge of performing routing protocols (MPLS, HAIPE/IP, QOS, and WAN)
- Monitoring of web security gateways, perimeter security, network access controls, endpoint security
Cisco Network Security Professional Career
Security job roles
In cybersecurity, exciting opportunities abound to identify risks, protect your organization, detect security events, and recover assets.
Network Security Engineers, Technicians & Administrators
- Job title: Associate Security Engineer, Network Security Engineer, Network Security Technician
- Focus: Build and secure
- Typical experience-level: 0 to 5 years
- Jobs request: CCNA Security
- Reports to: Senior-level security engineers or security architects
Security Operations Team – Security Analyst
- Job title: Security Operations Analyst, Security Incident Responder, Forensic Analyst
- Focus: Detect and respond
- Typical experience-level: 3+ years
- Jobs request: Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate
- Reports to: CISO
Senior Security Engineer
- Job titles: Senior Security Engineer, Senior Network Security Engineer, Application Security Engineer
- Focus: Build and secure the IT infrastructure
- Typical experience-level: 5 – 7+ years
- Jobs request: Cisco CCNP Security
- Reports to: Director of Network Security or CIO
Security Architect / Security Engineer
- Job titles: Security Architect, Senior Or Principal Security Engineer, Principal Network Engineer with security clearance, Senior Security Engineer
- Focus: Design and secure the IT infrastructure
- Typical experience-level: 7 to 10+ years
- Jobs request: Cisco CCIE Security
- Reports to: CISO or CIO
Average Salary Of A Cisco Network Security Engineer
Junior Cisco Network Security Engineer USD82,485
Cisco Network Security Engineer USD128,287
Senior Cisco Network Security Engineer USD131,446
Depending upon the employer, location, job role, skill level, and years of experience it can range from US$28,000 to US$176,500 per anum
Following is a brief introduction to 350-701 certification exam.
This exam tests your knowledge of implementing and operating core security technologies, including:
- Network security
- Cloud security
- Content security
- Endpoint protection and detection
- Secure network access
- Visibility and enforcement
Certification: CCNP Security, CCIE Security, Cisco Certified Specialist – Security Core
Duration: 120 minutes
Preparing For The SCOR 350-701 Exam
For the preparation of the exam SCOR 350-701 based upon the collected data of the candidates who have passed this exam in the first attempt with a good score, we have found the DumpsLeader to be a reliable source for sure success in the (SCOR 350-701) exam.
The complete PDF + Testing Engine package from DumpsLeader is a comprehensive bundle for the preparation of the (SCOR 350-701) exam. It is a well-researched training package compiled by the senior IT professionals in accordance to the guideline provided by Cisco for the preparation of the (SCOR 350-701) exam. There is a free demo available at www.dumpsleader.com for try-before-you-buy. The DumpsLeader offers a money-back guarantee on all the training material they provide. The DumpsLeader’s Cisco SCOR 350-701 exam dumps are very much popular among the professionals going for the Cisco exam.
Network Security or CyberSecurity is one of the most important sectors of IT. Network security professionals are among the most in-demand professionals in the job market. Cisco Systems is one of the biggest technology providers in the world. The CCNP Security, CCIE Security, and Cisco Certified Specialist – Security Core are the premium security certifications from Cisco for the professionals in senior roles. The exam: Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR 350-701) is a core exam that is required for the certifications CCNP Security ,CCIE Security, and Cisco Certified Specialist – Security Core. Regardless of which of the above security certifications you choose, you are required to pass this core exam.