When hiring a process server, it is important to know what you are looking for. You may have heard that some process servers are better than others. If you want the best service possible, it is vital to find the most experienced company available.
It is also necessary to think about which types of companies are included in your local area. Look at area process server companies with online directories to determine the top companies. It’s best to ask friends, family members, and colleagues for their suggestions as well.
One of the best ways to locate a qualified process server is by going online. There are so many companies advertising with digital marketing these days that it’s easy to find the right one for your needs.
There are also plenty of options when you look at area company websites as well. You need to know which features matter most if you want to find the right process server.
Many people make the mistake of going with the company that seems to be the cheapest. But this is short-sighted and could cost you more down the road when it comes time to serve your papers again. You need to consider a number of factors when choosing a process server, such as:
– How quickly can they serve the papers?
– How much will it cost you to serve the papers?
– What types of court documents can they handle?
1. Who is going to do the actual serving of legal documents? You want an answer that specifies a person, not a company.
2. How quickly can they serve the documents? Do you need them to hand-deliver your papers at once, or are you okay with a couple of days’ wait time?
3. What is their process for serving legal documents? You want an honest answer here, especially if this company claims they use smartphone technology to serve documents.
4. What if the defendants refuse service of process? Do they have a backup plan for this situation, or will you need to file additional paperwork with the court?
5. Can they do personal injury law as well as corporate and estate work? If not, look for another company that can.
6. Once the job is complete, what are the findings covered in the affidavit of service?
It’s important to get all the information you need when it comes to your legal process serving needs.
Your lawyer or paralegal will give you written paperwork that needs to be served. You need to get this done in a time-sensitive manner and it is best if this task is completed without any hassle.