Whether you’re a pro athlete preparing for top-level competitions, a weekend sportsperson, or a regular gym-goer, recovery is essential for all. The muscles are sore and tired after a workout session, so the hemp oil ensures you avoid injury. Furthermore, it makes you fit enough to pursue more frequent training sessions.
If you’re an athlete or any physical fitness person, you’re aware of DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness), the intense soreness. Many people here use 2 or 3 ibuprofen or Aleve or Advil at that time and think it’s good. But, drugs like ibuprofen & Alive are extremely dangerous, and detrimental for your health when used regularly, and may cause death. Thus, athletes should stick to a more powerful, less toxic, and naturally occurring substance like CBD Hemp Oil.
How does CBD work?
Studies say the oil interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS), which is responsible for the proper functioning of cells & coordinate healing. But like many body parts, ECS can also go out of balance due to various reasons. That’s where the oil helps, as the phytocannabinoids mimic some of our natural neurotransmitters and interacts with the receptors.
Thus, it curbs the immune response that causes inflammation and enhances calm and focuses.
Why does this matter in regard to training?
Every time you work out, your body breaks itself down to build itself back up again. This results in your immune system healing itself, thus making you feel sore, lethargic, and even exhausted. So, post-workout inflammations are painful! Cannabinoid receptors, CB1, i, e, found in the brain, & CB2 receptors that are found on cells are linked to the immune system.
Because of this connection of those receptors with the immune system, scientists believe that CBD Edibles play a vital role in the regulation of the immune system. Several studies show that the drug has an extensive role in suppressing cytokine and chemokine production. Thus, this drug helps the body’s anti-inflammatory mechanism, and increases the body’s T-regulatory cell production,
While clinical research is still going on, outdoor athletes widely use hemp oil for exercise-induced inflammation. They usually take it orally through a capsule or gummies, or a tincture.
Why is it so important for athletes to fuel their bodies post-workout?
After a hard workout, your body of course shows outward changes slowly, but it also endures a lot of stress. During an intense workout, your heart is pimping continuously for more than 30 minutes, and thus 2 things happen. Firstly, your body burns glycogen stores for fuel, & secondly, breaks down & damages some proteins in your muscles.
So, post-workout, your body tries to build its glycogen stores and repair and regrow muscle proteins. And thus post-workout meals are so necessary for food athletes to speed up muscle recovery and improve fitness performance. Smoothies supply a great bowl of nutrients to your body to absorb post-training.
Benefits of CBD-Infused Smoothies
If you’re an athlete, your body needs a proper meal to speed up the recovery process. That’s why a lot of athletes and coaches incorporate protein shakes, smoothies in their diet to increase their performance. Furthermore,CBD-infused smoothies post your training will not only help your muscles heal faster, but has huge benefits.
- Quicker Muscle Recovery – A smoothie infused with hemp oil gives your body the necessary fuel and nutrients to recuperate faster from a strenuous workout. The compound added with protein powder or smoothie post your workout tastes delicious and gives you a euphoric high.
- Anti-Inflammatory and Pain-Relieving Benefits: Athletes dealing with pain due to injury or inflammation find it difficult to work out. Also, they are prone to different health hazards due to continuous and overuse of OTC drugs.
Here, the hemp oil compound lessens pain and inflammation caused by muscle tears, without being addictive. It’s a safer alternative to NSAIDs and opioid medications, which are the most commonly used to deal with pain.
- Anxiety and Stress Relief– It’s common for athletes, as they are continuously participating in high-pressure activities that require an active and good headspace. All this stress and anxiety make them fatigue at the end of the day, which the CBD-infused smoothies can reduce. Drinking these can fight those deficiencies, and help you perform better while remaining aware and focussed.
- Better Sleep– Sleep deprivation can cause athletes injury, forgetfulness, and even increased annoyance and mood swings. Also, anxiety, stress, and long-term pain are the enemies of sleep, and these smoothies will reduce these symptoms.
Here are some recipes you can make yourself, and you can adjust the dosage as per your preference. Generally, CBD-infused powders work best, but you can also use tinctures or oils.
- Orange is the new green smoothie- To make this, blend 1 cup coconut water, 1 cup strawberries, ½ cup shredded carrots, 1 cup mango chunks,1 orange, 1 scoop of unflavored plant protein powder & 1 dropper of the tincture.
- Green oil smoothie- To make this vegan smoothie, blend 1 cup packed green, 1 banana, 17 mg oil, 2 tablespoons hemp seeds, ½ small avocado, ¾ cup soy milk & 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
It’s very important to take care of your body, & consuming these healthy smoothies every day, you will ensure good health & well-being. Make these nutritious delicacies a part of your life, and sure you will love them.