Slots are, without argument, the most popular casino-style gambling games in existence. They have been around for over a century, and thanks to interactive gaming platforms, they have diversified into multiple sub-genres for games of chance enthusiasts to enjoy.
These reel-spinners have been around for a while now, but they rose to prominence post-2010. Naturally, the chief attribute of a 3D slot is that it incorporates three-dimensional models and dynamic lighting in its presentation. The reasons why it took a minute for 3D slots to attain a sizeable level of popularity in the gaming sector were the multiple tech limitations that plagued this sphere in the past. These included the unavailability of fast internet speeds everywhere and mobile phones struggling to render complex graphics. Thus, developers and operators decided to willfully neglect these products because only a limited portion of the player pool could play them on the go or from home.
Below, an examination follows regarding how these games stack up against 2D slots, which are the best ones to play, and where interested parties can enjoy them.
In terms of basic gameplay mechanics, how winning combos form, and how players get entry to bonus rounds, 3D slots hardly differ from other games in other reel-spinning categories. However, there has been a tendency from providers that focus on 3D spinners like Betsoft to implement low volatility and high return-to-player settings in their 3D titles. That ensures that these games will yield smaller rewards but often. Moreover, most of them also feature one or more jackpots. These prizes, while significant, are not comparable to the wins the industry’s progressive monsters Mega Moolah and Hall of Gods can produce.
It is also worth mentioning that while there are many 3D 3-reel slots in existence, some games from this category also boast unique layouts. Fire & Steel is one such example. That is a knight-themed medium volatility game with a default RTP of 95.27% that features a 3-4-5-4-3 grid structure, a breath of fresh air compared to old-timey fruit slots. But, in general, most 3D providers like to churn out 5-reel slots because they appear uncomplicated to casual players, and the way they work is simpler to grasp for newbies.
According to most veteran players, the top three 3D slots available at online casinos everywhere are:
- After Night Falls – Released in 2012, After Night Falls is an Inspector Clouseau-inspired game whose plot revolves around a ruthless criminal terrorizing a metropolitan city. It is a medium volatility slot with an RTP of 97.27%, accepting bets as high as $150. The presentation here is terrific, and players get to participate in crime-solving mini-games.
- Good Girl Bad Girl – Good Girl Bad Girl is a unique product because it allows online gamblers to choose from two offered characters. The selection impacts the specs in play and the potential jackpot prize this slot can generate. It has a slightly higher RTP at 97.79% compared to After Night Falls but boasts the same medium variance and betting range. The Money Wheel Bonus Round is something to look out for in Good Girl Bad Girl. It is by far one of the most exciting 3D slots to play online.
- Howling at the Moon – Nucleus Gaming is a provider that does not get talked about enough. They have a decent arsenal of over one hundred and ten spinners, and one of their premium 3D ones is Howling at the Moon, which they unleashed in 2019. The cool thing about this game is that it can earn players up to two hundred and forty free spins in its bonus mode.
Close to three thousand online casinos are floating around the World Wide Web. Yet, per aggregated player reviews, the best ones that house 3D slots are:
- BetOnline – Founded in 2001, BetOnline is a gaming platform that targets North American players and provides some of the best online slot bonuses on the internet. They greet new players with a welcome package that can give away up to $3,000 in bonus cash, which users can use to bet on close to five hundred games here.
- Wild Casino – Wild Casino is a crypto-centric site that debuted in 2017. Their fiat sign-up deal can yield up to $5,000 in free-play cash, while their crypto one can produce up to $9,000. Wild hosts dozens of 3D slots, and it accepts eleven cryptocurrencies.
- BetUS – BetUS got up and running in 1994, making it one of the oldest online sportsbooks ever. Despite this operator advertising themselves as mainly a sports betting site, it also has an above-average casino section, where players can enjoy spinners from Nucleus, Booongo, and DGS. The BetUS registration offer supplies up to $3,000 in gambling funds.
For more gambling news and reviews, visit OUSC.